I’ve been making roasted potatoes for what seems like forever. Let’s face it – they are the perfect side, especially next to grilled meat, and they are so easy to throw together. Lately though I’ve just been… unimpressed.
That’s when it began – the search for the perfect roasted tator. (Allie, are you laughing?)
Naturally, I turned to Google. Upon my search I was lead to this recipe for roast potatoes, which claims to be the best and hello, they look gorgeous. I tried it out and while they were good, for the effort I had to put into them (peel, boil, and roast) I’d only give them a 7 out of 10. Not the best.
Yet I did learn something really cool. Preheat your pan in the oven to get it nice and hot and pour in your oil and then heat that up. Once the oil is hot and sizzlely you toss in all the good stuff, then back into the oven it all goes to roast away.
Jackpot. I knew that was the secret I had been missing that turns decent potatoes into over the top ones. My life is now complete.
- 2 lbs yukon gold potaotes, cut into 1 inch chunks
- 5 TBS olive oil
- 2 springs rosemary, stemmed and roughly chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, peeled and smashed
- cracked black pepper
- sea salt
- Preheat your oven and tray to 500 degrees.
- Pour in your oil and preheat for a few minutes.
- Gently toss in all remaining ingredients and roast away until browned and golden, roughly 45 minutes.
If you liked this post, check these out!
Latest posts by Courtney (see all)
- Roasted Bruschetta Salmon - August 30, 2018
- Four hour Bolognese - August 28, 2018
- Summer sandwiches - July 25, 2018
What a great tip! I’ll have to try that this weekend!
Tia @ HoPo recently posted…New Website and Etsy Store Lauch- AND A GIVEAWAY!
I love yukon potatoes – no peeling!
Biz recently posted…Is that for me?
Love this tip! Eek to the recipe that required peeling – that only happens for mashed potatoes on special occasions!
Ha! There you are! I wrote that specifically for you 😉