I’m not sure about where you live but last weekend around Chicago was beautiful. I’m talking outside for 12 hours straight, bbq’s, messy boys, bonfire, and lemonade stands beautiful. It was our first real taste of summer since what seems like forever and we could. not. get. enough.
Obviously, grilling was in order and since our boys can not seem to get enough of this crew we grilled out together. M fired up the green egg for some inside out and spinach feta salmon burgers and I got our trusty Weber going for this grilled Mexican street corn while Ryder and L just pounded each over and over in a game of football.
You guys. I first read this Mexican street corn recipe while in Miami and knew once we hit 70 it would be the first thing on the grill. It’s so flavorful, so fun, and just screams summer. Everyone gobbled it up and requested the recipe so….tada! Here it is friends.
A big thanks to Julie for bringing by a beautiful fruit salad and a gorgeous chopped tortellini salad that I must have the recipe to – ASAP! Hint hint.
How fun is summer cooking? I can never seem to get enough.
- 12 ears corn, husked and soaked in water 30 minutes prior to grilling
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 1/2 cup cotija or feta cheese
- Juice from 1/2 lime
- 1/4 tsp cayenne
- freshly chopped cilantro
- Grill the corn on medium high heat for 8-10 minutes, turning often. You're looking for a mix of char and deep yellow kernels. Allow to cool, and then cut the kernels off the ears.
- Mix together remaining ingredients and toss lightly with the corn.
If you liked this post, check these out!
Latest posts by Courtney (see all)
- Roasted Bruschetta Salmon - August 30, 2018
- Four hour Bolognese - August 28, 2018
- Summer sandwiches - July 25, 2018
I always buy the TJ’s frozen roasted corn and heart it so very much! I’ll try to doctor it up with this recipe!
Tia @ HoPo recently posted…Why Gina Linetti is my soul mate
Genius! How did I not know about this product? What a wonderful shortcut!!
That looks delicious! However, I can’t stand mayo – do you think Greek yogurt/sour cream would work??
Biz recently posted…Another Date Night!