Let’s keep things easy in January, shall we?
I came up with this dinner about a month or so ago – it seemed too easy to be true. Kind of like, why haven’t I been doing this my whole life? It turned out delicious and quite healthy, if healthy to you is defined by no carbs. That rule doesn’t fly in our home so of course bread was served on the side. Either way though, this sauteed peppers and onions over arugula is another quick, easy, and healthy go to for your 2014 kitchen repertoire.
- 2 TBS olive oil
- 2 mild peppers - your choice of color, sliced
- 1 red onion, sliced
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- Italian sausage - as much as you want to make
- Fresh parmesan, for serving
- Cook your sausage - you can grill, or, if it's too cold (like now) we roast in a 425 oven for 15-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, warm the oil in a large skillet. Saute the peppers and onions together until they soften and have a nice color on them. Season with red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper.
- Spread the arugula on a large serving tray. Spoon the warm peppers & onions over. Slice up the sausage and add to the plate. Top with freshly shaved parmesan.
If you liked this post, check these out!
Latest posts by Courtney (see all)
- Roasted Bruschetta Salmon - August 30, 2018
- Four hour Bolognese - August 28, 2018
- Summer sandwiches - July 25, 2018
Oh my, this is really easy and healthy and the possibilities are endless to this simple dish. Thanks for the inspiration. Hubby needs to loose 5 pounds by the end of NEXT WEEK, so I guess I’ll head out for arugula :).
Amira recently posted…Malban- Halawet el moulid pt2
This looks amazing! Im going to try it out tonight!
Victoria recently posted…$15 Valentines Day Door Hanger