Recipe for the best Christmas play date ever:
- Find some cute kids – if needed, I am happy to loan mine out from time to time. I highly recommend a 2:4 ratio in terms of adults to kids.
- Include a kid or two in the decorating shopping. Let’s be honest, that’s a huge part of the fun!
- Prep this Holiday Bark recipe (with a Christmas twist of course) ahead of time. That means candy in bowls, baking sheets out, chocolate ready to melt.
- Wash hands.
- Christmas music? Of course!
- Snacks on hand, unless you want them eating what you’re making which I suppose will happen even if you have snacks on hand. (Ahem, Ryder).
- Give them creativity freedom – this is not supposed to look flawless. This is supposed to look like younger kids made it, which I believe just happens to look perfect.
- Wine for the adults never hurts!
Put all of the above together and you’ve got one festive and fun memory. See a glimpse into ours below!