Recipe for the best Christmas play date ever:
- Find some cute kids – if needed, I am happy to loan mine out from time to time. I highly recommend a 2:4 ratio in terms of adults to kids.
- Include a kid or two in the decorating shopping. Let’s be honest, that’s a huge part of the fun!
- Prep this Holiday Bark recipe (with a Christmas twist of course) ahead of time. That means candy in bowls, baking sheets out, chocolate ready to melt.
- Wash hands.
- Christmas music? Of course!
- Snacks on hand, unless you want them eating what you’re making which I suppose will happen even if you have snacks on hand. (Ahem, Ryder).
- Give them creativity freedom – this is not supposed to look flawless. This is supposed to look like younger kids made it, which I believe just happens to look perfect.
- Wine for the adults never hurts!
Put all of the above together and you’ve got one festive and fun memory. See a glimpse into ours below!
If you liked this post, check these out!
Courtney is a wife to M and a mom of two boys, L (8) and B (3). Most of her blogging is done frantically during nap time in between laundry, cleaning, and the occasional housewives rerun. Or the brief hour or so that she can stay awake after the boys go down for the night. She loves her sleep. Read more...
Latest posts by Courtney (see all)
- Roasted Bruschetta Salmon - August 30, 2018
- Four hour Bolognese - August 28, 2018
- Summer sandwiches - July 25, 2018
What a great video. Very impressed, this looks impossibly well organized and fun! And I admit the final product is not only beautiful but quite tasty too!
Haven’t tried these yet. Need to tonight.
Too cute for words!
So, graham crackers on the bottom, melted chocolate chips sprinkled with yummy treats, and cool in fridge? I can do that!
What a fun little holiday activity! And it gets kids in the kitchen – something I am a big fan of.
Sharing this on T and pinning – what fun!
Sarah Nenni Daher recently posted…Thank Goodness Its Thursday No. 50
What a fun idea for a play date. Can’t wait to try this!
kirsten recently posted…Hamburg’s Christmas Markets – Guest Post from World Traveler in Training