You’ve heard of General Tso’s Chinese chicken, right? Totally a dish that when I want to be really bad, I really want to order and eat. Well, now you can be bad right at your own home. And you actually aren’t being bad because it’s good. Following me?
Chicken and crisp pea pods stir fried together, serve over brown rice, bam – dinner is done. And you will still like yourself. Always a good thing.
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- ½ cup water
- 2 cups snow peas, trimmed and halved diagonally
- 4 garlic cloves, sliced
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- ¼ – ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 large egg whites
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound chicken, cut into bite-size pieces
- sesame seeds, for topping
- Mix together water and cornstarch until smooth. Stir in remaining ingredients. Set aside.
- Whisk together egg whites, cornstarch, salt and pepper. Stir in chicken.
- Heat skillet over medium-high heat. Add a small amount of oil. Add half of chicken to pan, dripping off excess coating.
- Cook, stirring occasionally until golden brown and cooked through.
- Remove from pan, add more oil if necessary and repeat with remaining chicken. Set the chicken aside.
- Add sauce to skillet and cook until snow peas are tender and sauce is thickened.
- Add chicken (and any collected juices) to skillet.Toss to coat.
- Sprinkle dish with sesame seeds.
If you liked this post, check these out!
Latest posts by Courtney (see all)
- Roasted Bruschetta Salmon - August 30, 2018
- Four hour Bolognese - August 28, 2018
- Summer sandwiches - July 25, 2018
I love the addition to corn starch on the chicken – I learned that trick a few years ago – my daughters favorite was orange chicken. Although I may have deep fried my chicken before tossing it in the sauce! 😀
Biz recently posted…$35 Week Challenge
We love Chines food but I would much rather make our own. This looks delicious!!!
Kim recently posted…Day With KT Is Evolving
Yay! We must have been on the same wavelength because I just made these last week for the first time in forever! It looks like perfection to me! 🙂
Cheri | Kitchen Simplicity recently posted…Spiced Chocolate Pear Tart
It was so delicious..! Great job on the recipe!!