That’s some impressive chicken, huh? You know a recipe is good when you make it on a Monday and Friday within the same week. We couldn’t get enough.
I’m a marinade junkie. I love them. There is something about getting it going in the early am, whisking in the olive oil while still in pj’s, pouring it into a big baggie and massaging into the meat. All the while still sipping on my cup of coffee. Into the fridge it goes to hang and out we go to play. The comfort of knowing dinner is pretty much taken care of – priceless. And man, it’s going to be delicious.
I think the secret to the whole twice in one week is two things. One, in the marinade is agave. It was a fun new ingredient for us to try and just felt a bit…special. Second, we used boneless skinless chicken thighs which I believe is the answer to the age old question ‘how do I keep my chicken juicy on the grill?’ They rock. I’ve marinated them both over night and same day and it didn’t make a difference. We gobbled up every single piece of both batches. As did B, he loved it! Score.
This platted next to some grilled veggies, these potatoes, and a crisp glass of sauvignon blanc? Well, life just can’t get better.
- 2 tablespoons mayo
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- squeeze of agave (or honey)
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- salt & pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and halved
- squeeze of lemon
- fresh rosemary, thyme or torn basil leaves
- Four medium size chicken breasts, pounded thin or a pack of boneless skinless chicken thighs
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all ingredients and, along with chicken, add to a ziploc. Marinate eight hours or overnight, flipping in the fridge at some point if you can.
- When you are ready to cook, heat a stovetop grill to medium-high, and brush with a tiny bit of olive oil.
- Grill chicken pieces about four minutes a side (let excess marinade drip off before you place on grill) or until chicken is firm but not rock hard.
If you liked this post, check these out!
Latest posts by Courtney (see all)
- Roasted Bruschetta Salmon - August 30, 2018
- Four hour Bolognese - August 28, 2018
- Summer sandwiches - July 25, 2018
Do you think you could make this with skin-on chicken thighs. I have some in my freezer I’ve been dying to use. This chicken looks and sounds so good!
Carrie @ Season It Already! recently posted…The Most Underrated Pizza in the Twin Cities
Hi Carrie! yes – I think it would work lovely! I hope you enjoy. 🙂
That looks delicious! Now if we could just get our grilling weather back – gah!
Biz recently posted…Carrot Potato Soup
This looks awesome – I bet the chicken is super moist. Can’t wait to try it (and get back to grilling!).
Kim recently posted…Failing Is Just one Step on the Way to Success
Oh yeah…this is gonna be GOOD!
Dorothy at Shockingly Delicious recently posted…College Tour Detox Green Smoothie (Vegan, GF)
I made this tonight and some of the comments I received were: if only I had more thumbs, I could give it more thumbs up. Don’t ever make chicken any other way than like this. This was the most moist chicken I’ve ever had.
This was most definitely a big hit.
Yea Dawn!! I’m so happy to hear this!!