See that expression on B? That is how he looks when Grammie (my mom) enters our home. What a greeting, right?
It was Wednesday night and an impromptu Idol party had been planned. Grammie was coming by to visit the boys, watch Idol, and dine on healthy grilled turkey burgers – fun! I love last minute get togethers and it’s just more fun to call them a party.
Are you keeping up with Idol? Do you have a favorite? Mine is Keith Urban. Oh wait, contestant wise…huh, that would be Kree. He has such a nice voice….she, I mean SHE. Kree has such a nice voice. Whew!
Moving along…the boys were happy to see their Grammie, I was happy to cook dinner without my 20 lbs bowling ball in my arms, and M was happy to fire up the grill. A win all around.
Oh – how did they taste? Awesome. It’s pretty much just amazing when you can eat a nice big burger guilt free. Bring on that swimsuit!
- 1 lbs ground turkey
- 1 small red onion, minced
- handful of parsley, minced
- 1 large roasted red pepper, minced
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- olive oil
- Mix all of the above together and form 4 large, thin, patties. Brush lightly with olive oil and grill for roughly 6 minutes per side.
- Your choice of toppings! We went with a slice of muenster, thick tomato, & lettuce all a toasted bun.
P.S. Hey – if you don’t follow me on Facebook, here’s a reminder! It’s your last chance to get on the list for this month’s mailing of the ‘Eat Up’ magnets. They are adorable, so be sure to sign up for the newsletter to get yours just in time for spring!