So, ok. I’m really not one to admit to following the Kardashians but for some reason I was kind of (and by kind of I mean really) excited about this season.
I think it’s mainly due to seeing Kortney with Penelope. There’s something about watching any mom with her new baby. You can always find a common ground, even with someone that makes millions and jet sets around the country. Kortney saying that pretty much anytime she goes out all she wants to do is go home to her baby? I get it. Not wearing deodorant? Can’t say I jumped on that band wagon.
I also have a soft spot for Khloe and I hope she gets her baby soon. Kim? I really could take or leave. At least watching her with Kanye’s baby will be…interesting.
So, in honor of all the baby talk in Miami I though it would be completely appropriate for Miami burgers to be on the agenda this week. I’m making them beach body appropriate and using ground turkey. There is enough going on with the rest of the burger (ham, melted cheese, roasted garlic butter) that red meat really isn’t necessary. Although nothing about Miami really seems necessary.
Anyways, the best part about these? You get to wrap them in foil and smash them down like you’re making a panini. They get all melty and crispy and gooey. To die for.
Oh – and try making these without singing Will Smith’s ‘Welcome to Miami.’ It’s pretty much not possible. Total jam session with B in the kitchen today.
- 1 lbs ground beef, or turkey
- kosher salt & pepper
- 1.5 TBS canola oil
- 1/2 cup mayo (in our house we use butter instead)
- garlic cloves, roasted (cut top off garlic bulb, rub with evoo, roast for 30 min in 400 degree oven)
- 1/4 cup dijon mustard
- 4 burger buns
- 8 slices swiss
- 4 slices thin ham
- 2 big pickles, cut in 1/4 inch slice
- Get your garlic roasted, if you haven't already.
- Heat the oil in a saute pan over medium heat. Divide the meat into 1/4's, season liberally with salt and pepper, and cook until done, roughly 5 minutes per side.
- Combine the roasted garlic with the mayo (or butter).
- Time to assemble the burgers. Slice your bun in half, spread the top and bottom with the garlic mixture and dijon mustard. Layer a piece of swiss cheese, top with the burger, another layer of swiss, the ham, and then the pickles. Top with your bun and wrap tightly in foil.
- Heat your saute pan over medium heat and put the wrapped burgers in the pan. Put another very heavy skilled or saute pan on top and press down for an additional 3 minutes.
Welcome to Miami!