Winter gets such a bad rap (especially around here), and while I completely agree, I also think it’s important, day to day, to focus on the little things that can make you happy during this God awful season. So without further ado, here’s what is currently making me smile.
1. After eight years of wearing the same worn down pair of (disgusting) Uggs I thought it was time to invest in a new winter boot. I’ve been digging through 2 feet of snow in the woods looking for baseballs (don’t ask) in these from Sorel and my feet have stayed nice and warm and cozy every time.
2. This oh so tropical candle takes me away…
3. You can look at snow two ways: 1. pure and pretty or 2. dirty and slushy. I buy white tulips religiously (at Trader Joe’s) as a reminder that winter can be beautiful and that spring is around the corner.
4. Happy Socks! Why are these so amazing?! I have no idea but I’m totally smitten with them. This pair rocks.
5. I’m pretty sure I would be in a mental institution if I didn’t have my Le Creuset dutch oven to slow cook and simmer and make soups in. In the winter, it’s what I do.
6. Religiously, I put B down for his nap, do my chores (cook/clean/laundry/bills), and the last 1/2 hour or so I cuddle up in my living room with this fuzzy snow leopard throw to recharge for the second shift. Obsessed.
7. Pinot Noir. Is it winter without it? That answer would be no.
8. On a recent trip to Sephora, B decided it wanted ALL THE NAIL POLISHES AT ONCE so needless to say, I had to get the heck out of there. While I thought I was grabbing my normal ‘a perfect world‘ moisturizer I realized when I came home I had this from Origins. Huh. No wonder it seemed more expensive as I was paying/frantically re-stacking nail polish bottles/sweating. For the price, I would probably go back to my normal pick, although in the dead of winter this sure was a treat.
9. Taylor. She gets me – the boys – even M, every time. Every song. Just think about this winter without ‘blank space.’ I know. Horrid.
What’s getting you through the season? I’d love to hear!
The fine print: this post contains affiliate links which means that if you use these links to make a purchase, I may receive a small commission at no additional cost to you. Of course, you are not obligated to use these links to make your purchase but please know that when you do, it supports my blog and for that I thank you.