Winter gets such a bad rap (especially around here), and while I completely agree, I also think it’s important, day to day, to focus on the little things that can make you happy during this God awful season. So without further ado, here’s what is currently making me smile.
1. After eight years of wearing the same worn down pair of (disgusting) Uggs I thought it was time to invest in a new winter boot. I’ve been digging through 2 feet of snow in the woods looking for baseballs (don’t ask) in these from Sorel and my feet have stayed nice and warm and cozy every time.
2. This oh so tropical candle takes me away…
3. You can look at snow two ways: 1. pure and pretty or 2. dirty and slushy. I buy white tulips religiously (at Trader Joe’s) as a reminder that winter can be beautiful and that spring is around the corner.
4. Happy Socks! Why are these so amazing?! I have no idea but I’m totally smitten with them. This pair rocks.
5. I’m pretty sure I would be in a mental institution if I didn’t have my Le Creuset dutch oven to slow cook and simmer and make soups in. In the winter, it’s what I do.
6. Religiously, I put B down for his nap, do my chores (cook/clean/laundry/bills), and the last 1/2 hour or so I cuddle up in my living room with this fuzzy snow leopard throw to recharge for the second shift. Obsessed.
7. Pinot Noir. Is it winter without it? That answer would be no.
8. On a recent trip to Sephora, B decided it wanted ALL THE NAIL POLISHES AT ONCE so needless to say, I had to get the heck out of there. While I thought I was grabbing my normal ‘a perfect world‘ moisturizer I realized when I came home I had this from Origins. Huh. No wonder it seemed more expensive as I was paying/frantically re-stacking nail polish bottles/sweating. For the price, I would probably go back to my normal pick, although in the dead of winter this sure was a treat.
9. Taylor. She gets me – the boys – even M, every time. Every song. Just think about this winter without ‘blank space.’ I know. Horrid.
What’s getting you through the season? I’d love to hear!
The fine print: this post contains affiliate links which means that if you use these links to make a purchase, I may receive a small commission at no additional cost to you. Of course, you are not obligated to use these links to make your purchase but please know that when you do, it supports my blog and for that I thank you.
If you liked this post, check these out!
Latest posts by Courtney (see all)
- Roasted Bruschetta Salmon - August 30, 2018
- Four hour Bolognese - August 28, 2018
- Summer sandwiches - July 25, 2018
I jumped right to #7 (it’s been a long week). The link doesn’t seem to lead directly to it? Do you order it online?
I wish my 2 year old would stay in bed for long enough for me to get horizontal for a few minutes. Maybe when she gets older…like kindergarten.
Tulips are my favorite.
Mila recently posted…Top 3 baby products I couldn’t live without
I just keep walking around going just because I wanted fun new snowboots didn’t mean I wanted to USE them! Alas, necessary. Great list!! This pretty much sums it up. I would add the Clarisonic Mia. A winter (and summer) necessity.
Christine – this is a purchase I have yet to make….I don’t know why. I’ve heard such wonderful things about them!
Have you ever considered that instead of receiving a commission on your sponsored, the money went directly to a food bank? You obviously are a person of privilege (nothing to hide, but definitely something to recognize) and food pantries would greatly appreciate the support. Just a thought.
I prefer not to discuss my income with total strangers, but rest assured my family does give and/or volunteer our time to several charities on a regular basis.
You missed the point of sponsors directly donating to a food pantry.
Is that what you do with your blog?
I’m not aware of any affiliate program (Amazon, Shareasale, Commission Junction, etc.) giving affiliate marketers the option to send their earnings to a charity. Generally, that kind of thing is left up to the individual in question, not the company making the payment.
If you know of an affiliate marketing program that gives that kind of option, please let us know.
Very helpful! Yes, WillA – please, inform us. What affiliate program do you recommend that is legal to take commission from a sale on a blog and donate the earnings directly to a charity? There is a lot that goes into that, tax implications – etc…
I’m a weird sock lover. If they aren’t bold or different I don’t wear them. Someone commented on my socks yesterday. I was wearing these super cute and warm leg warmer socks.
Saidah recently posted…Natural Flawless Beauty Routine
I want a pair of Sorel boots BAD, but you literally can not find them anywhere around here. They’re sold out everywhere.
I want the candle from Trader Joes. I am so ready for this winter to be over!
Pam W recently posted…Gluten Free Peanut Butter and Jelly Parfait
I want a Le Creuset so bad! I have never cooked in one before!
AJ @ NutriFitMama recently posted…Snowed In and Fried Tofu for Meat Lovers
Love Taylor and sock I am addicted to cute socks. Your list is wonderful I’m thinking i’m lucky I live where there is no snow.
becca recently posted…Wordless Wednesday #Fun #Random
I’ve been eyeing those boots for some time. Thank goodness I bought my boots last year because we really are having quite the winter here in Boston this year! I love your recommendations!
I love those boots. This season I can’t make it through without my fleece lined leggings and my boots.
lisa recently posted…The Real Life Inspirations Jim White, David Diaz, Damacio Diaz & Danny Diaz #McFarlandUSAEvent
we must live in the same person. I just had Meomi last night and wish I had those boots with the new snow we are getting here.
maria @ close to home recently posted…St Patrick’s Day Dessert Idea- Ultimate Oreo Brownies
I so want those Sorel boots but it’s hard to rationalize them here in Southern California!
Lois Alter Mark recently posted…jenny craig week 4.5
I checked out the Happy Socks amazon page and they have a ton of fun designs. I’m saving it for later!
Liz Mays recently posted…Discover Deals | Cold Weather Shopping
Oh love hot tubbing in the rain. A new/used thrifted jacket and a good book.
I like the boots and the dutch oven. They seem like a great way to beat the cold.
Janeane Davis recently posted…Black History Month – Langston Hughes – Vagabonds
Great list. I think I need those boots also.
Debbie Denny recently posted…Top Animal Stars Of The Year – It’s The PAWSCARS!
I love your winter crushes. I thought I was done with my taylor swift love but this new album is great!
Ashley @irishred02 recently posted…Organic Valley’s New Protein Shakes, Delicious and Healthy Too! Giveaway Included
I am totally crushing on those socks and boots!
Laura Funk recently posted…Held Your Whole Life
I would really love a pair of those boots. Okay, and those socks, too!
Danielle recently posted…Transforming the Psyche (Free Recording)
I absolutely love those boots. They are perfect for this time of year.
Our Family World recently posted…DIY Easter Decor Ideas That Will Give You the Warm & Fuzzies!
I love those boots!
Heather recently posted…5 Steps to Better Paris Photos
I can’t get enough of that Taylor album. Those socks are so fun too!
Krystal recently posted…Sparkle + Shine: Host an Oscar Party With These M&MâSÂ® Crispy Chocolate Chip Cookies