Woohoo! After a week or so of playing pretend with Fall, we are back near the 70’s – looking to the 80’s this weekend! That means more Sauvignon blanc, more grilling, and more summery light dishes. Because it’s not over until it’s over, right? Right.
This dish has it all. Tons of flavor, arugula, quinoa – all wrapped up in a light lemony dressing. It’s the perfect thing to hang out next to some grilled chicken or skirt steak. Make a big batch so you have extras for a healthy lunch or two during the week.
Come on Chicago – I know you’ve got one more good month of summer left in you!
- 1 box quinoa, cooked according to package directions
- few handfuls of arugula
- 1/2 cup parmesan
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 chopped shallots
- 1/3 cup lemon juice (3-4 lemons)
- 2 teaspoons of honey
- 1/3 cup of olive oil
- Whisk together the dijon, shallots, lemon juice, and honey. Slowly stream in the olive oil, whisking to combine.
- Pour over the cooked quinoa (you may not need to use all the dressing). Add in the arugula and parmesan, mix to combine.