In celebration of Valentine’s Day just around the corner, I thought we’d get a shot of something oh so pretty and pink in our lives.
Meet roasted pink radishes.
Different – yes – but completely delicious and unexpected. A little off-course from your typical day to day vegetable routine, which is a good thing. Let’s shake things up a bit, shall we?
These roast up beautifully with some olive oil, salt, and pepper. While still warm, toss with minced garlic, parmesan, and shredded basil for a healthy and beautiful side dish to any meal.
That color. Gets me every time.
- 2 bunches radishes, cleaned and stems/leaves trimmed
- olive oil
- salt & pepper
- garlic clove, minced
- few TBS parmesan
- few leaves of basil, shredded
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees.
- Cut the prepared radishes in half and toss with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Place cut side down on a large baking sheet. Roast for 15-20 minutes, until undersides are browned around the edges.
- While still warm, toss with garlic, parmesan, and basil. Serve warm or cold for a snack later.