Well, here we are. It’s January and thoughts tend to shift towards making positive changes, working on bad habits, eating better, and all that jazz. I’m sharing some of my favorite healthy living tips I try to maintain throughout the year, and I would so love to hear any you have!
1. We all know drinking water is good for you. Luckily, I love to drink it in excess, especially in this cute water bottle. I start every morning with a large icy glass and a 1/2 squeezed lemon. Kickstarts my metabolism for the day and is such a natural wake up call.
2. I like to think about healthy living from my head to my toes. This argan oil does wonders for dry skin. Also works great on any cuts you may have as well as dry cuticles.
3. Get healthy and super shiny hair with this oil. After blasting my hair with a hair dryer and straightener for years, I finally called it quits. Most of the time I just rub this oil on and let it air dry. Major, major difference.
4. We all know exercise is important, but I like to remember to keep everything in balance. Days where I am toting around kids, chasing my 35 pound toddler, running up and down the stairs with laundry, chores, etc., totally counts. I just make it a point to… move. Bonus that I get to wear these cute shoes. When it feels like I’m not moving enough, I get my butt on my neighborhood hills or treadmill.
5. Sleep. I think I tell M every night before I go to bed that I love sleep. So much. I try to get at least seven hours. Most nights it is 8-9. I fully realize that is not the phase everyone is in. For B’s first year, it was probably half of that, if I was lucky. P.S. How cute are these darling pj leggings from Old Navy?
7. Vitamins. Do you take any? For some reason, I just never stopped taking a prenatal (no mom, I am not pregnant). I figured, why not? Good for you and my hair stylist says it’s great for your hair and nails.
8. Balance. It’s key. 2 glasses of wine, 1 cup of coffee, some exercise, good sleep, good food. Never too much or too little of anything. I try to make this my perspective on most, if not all things.
Do you have any healthy living tips for me?
*The fine print: this post contains affiliate links which means that if you use these links to make a purchase, I may receive a small commission. Of course, you are not obligated to use these links to make your purchase but please know that when you do, it supports my blog and for that I thank you.
If you liked this post, check these out!
Latest posts by Courtney (see all)
- Caprese garlic bread - June 22, 2017
- Motherhood: routines to encourage at home - June 21, 2017
- Meal prep Monday: Zucchini noodle salad with grilled chicken - June 19, 2017