Ahem, lately I have had a hard time making it past 9PM. Not sure if it was all the travel (stay tuned) or what, but the other night I conked out at 8:25PM. Wow.
I proceeded to wake up 10 hours later, make my breakfast, and make dinner. Yep, it was another crock pot meal and while I was completely refreshed from my obscenely long nights sleep, this is a meal you can do with very little to no sleep. No problem.
M grew up eating these, and I grew up eating this. What is it? Chicken in a crock pot. That’s all my mom had to say and I knew I’d be gobbling up a plate of gooey falling apart chicken, rice, and some type of green vegetable that night. All perfectly balanced of course. We probably ate this at least twice a month – maybe more, which makes perfect sense. 5 minute prep for dinner? My mother is smart woman.
- boneless chicken breasts, as many as you need. Recipe calls for 5, I typically use 3
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup freshly sliced mushrooms
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup flour
- Season your chicken with salt, pepper, and sprinkle paprika on top. Put in your crock pot and top with the wine, mushrooms, and soup.
- Cook on low 6-8 hours or on high for 4-5.
- The last half hour of cooking, stir together the sour cream and flour and add to the crock pot.
- You must serve this with a green vegetable, try these, and rice (use brown to up the health factor).
And yes…those are cookies cooling on the counter in the background…