Ahem, lately I have had a hard time making it past 9PM. Not sure if it was all the travel (stay tuned) or what, but the other night I conked out at 8:25PM. Wow.
I proceeded to wake up 10 hours later, make my breakfast, and make dinner. Yep, it was another crock pot meal and while I was completely refreshed from my obscenely long nights sleep, this is a meal you can do with very little to no sleep. No problem.
M grew up eating these, and I grew up eating this. What is it? Chicken in a crock pot. That’s all my mom had to say and I knew I’d be gobbling up a plate of gooey falling apart chicken, rice, and some type of green vegetable that night. All perfectly balanced of course. We probably ate this at least twice a month – maybe more, which makes perfect sense. 5 minute prep for dinner? My mother is smart woman.
- boneless chicken breasts, as many as you need. Recipe calls for 5, I typically use 3
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup freshly sliced mushrooms
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup flour
- Season your chicken with salt, pepper, and sprinkle paprika on top. Put in your crock pot and top with the wine, mushrooms, and soup.
- Cook on low 6-8 hours or on high for 4-5.
- The last half hour of cooking, stir together the sour cream and flour and add to the crock pot.
- You must serve this with a green vegetable, try these, and rice (use brown to up the health factor).
And yes…those are cookies cooling on the counter in the background…
If you liked this post, check these out!
Latest posts by Courtney (see all)
- Roasted Bruschetta Salmon - August 30, 2018
- Four hour Bolognese - August 28, 2018
- Summer sandwiches - July 25, 2018
Leave a Reply