With baseball season in full motion around here I thought I’d give you a sneak peak as to what we will be toting from field to field to field over the next three months. This concept of having a packed, ready to go bag living in the trunk comes from years of, well…..not having one. Not being prepared. You know, that baseball game it poured rain on us even though there was 0% chance of rain and, of course, we had no umbrellas. The time it was (so I thought) chilly and we get to a tournament and end up needing sunscreen. Chicago weather is so weird, man. So, year after year I have failed examples of not having what I needed when so it was time to put a stop to that.
Enter the super prepared sports bag! Yippee!
You pack this baby in the spring, throw it on your trunk, and….forget about it. That is, until you (or a friend) needs something and volia! You are there to save the day with your big bag of tricks.
Here’s what is going on in our bag. (Custom made just for us thanks to Mary Beth at Thirty One!) Professional sports moms, I’d love to hear if you have anything else to add. I see you out there with three kids, four kids, five kids. I bow down.
- Waterproof picnic blanket. We have this one, so darling and it matches our team colors. Go Broncos!
- Bag of healthy snacks. Think kid cliff bars, fruit leathers, almonds. Day to day I will throw in a few pieces of fresh fruit as well. Because concession stands only go so far and three melty sugary icy pops in you’re going to wish you had an apple to hand your little one.
- Goddess Garden organic sport sunscreen. Perfect for those sweaty little faces!
- California baby natural bug repellent.
- Ice packs because unfortunately, kids get hurt.
- Sweatshirt for each kid
- Umbrella (2)
- Big League chew. Because it’s not a baseball game without it.