How was everyone’s Memorial Day weekend? I hope it was great. We could not have had more fun, and I was kitchenless! I’m so thankful for many wonderful friends and family to entertain us throughout the long weekend and keep us so well fed.
Well, now that it’s officially summer (!!!), it’s time to get a new smothered chicken recipe going on that fired-up grill. Let’s kick it off with a bang, shall we? This one could not be more ridiculous. I mean, look at it. You basically cover grilled chicken with lovely things like cheese, and bacon, and bbq sauce, and green onions, and olives because, well, why not?
Exactly. There is no reason. Just like there is no reason to eat this three times in two weeks, but, we have. And loved every single bite.
Happy Summer friends!
- 4 chicken cutlets, boneless, skinless
- 2 teaspoons grill seasoning
- olive oil
- 1/4 cup bbq sauce
- 4 oz mushrooms, sliced (canned or jarred works, but fresh sauteed are better)
- 4 oz black olives, sliced
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and broken into 2 inch pieces
- 1/4 cup green onion, chopped
- 1 cup colby/monterey jack cheese, shredded
- The original recipe called to brine the chicken for an hour before grilling. I'm not sure it's necessary but I did it anyway. Place the chicken in a quart of water with 1/4 cup sugar and 1/4 cup salt for one hour prior to cooking.
- Alright, now that the chicken is brined (or not, doesn't matter), pat dry and rub with some evoo and grill seasoning. Grill just a few minutes a side - get the nice char marks but don't fully cook through just yet.
- Make up a little assembly station with all your fixings. Brush the bbq sauce on and top with bacon, cheese, mushrooms, olives, and green onions. Close to grill to cook an additional 2-3 minutes or so until everything is nice and melted.
- Dig in!
If you liked this post, check these out!
Latest posts by Courtney (see all)
- Roasted Bruschetta Salmon - August 30, 2018
- Four hour Bolognese - August 28, 2018
- Summer sandwiches - July 25, 2018
Thanks for sharing this recipe Courtney. This looks so good!
I was under the weather all weekend long but I still enjoyed the time off with the fam. I was just sneezing every five minutes :).
I hope you had a great weekend and here’s to a fab short work week 🙂
Corina Ramos recently posted…Make Money From Home As A Translator
You had me at bacon! I love this dish – I am still trying to figure out what kind of grill I want to get, but the Weber works fine on the weekends. 😀
Biz recently posted…I am a Spartan!
Wow…this looks delicious! I’m saving this recipe to make next time we grill out! Visiting from Bouquet of Talent.
Lisa @ Fun Money Mom recently posted…Share The Wealth Sunday Blog Hop #6
Wow – this looks like it would be fun to serve to company this summer! Pinning – glad I found it at the Sunday Features Linkup!
Susan – ofeverymoment recently posted…Recipes, and a Behind the Blog-Scene Blooper
I love everything about this recipe — chicken, bacon, cheese, mushroom, BBQ sauce… Yum! Thank you so much for sharing it at This Is How We Roll Thursday.
Corinne recently posted…How to Find Where to Buy High Quality Sneakers
This is totally my kind of dinner! Thanks for linking up with What’s Cookin’ Wednesday!
Karly recently posted…20 Minute Tortellini Alfredo
Looks absolutely amazing! Thanks so much for taking the time to come and link up with us over at the #HomeMattersParty – we hope to see you again on Friday!
Any recommendations on how to make this in an oven?
hmmmmm – good question! Maybe bake at 350 for 30-40 minutes or so?