Honestly, does it get any better than this?
Keeping in line with the simple things, no. No, it does not.
This is one of those posts that I almost feel silly writing; it doesn’t really even warrant a recipe. And yet if there was one lost soul out there who didn’t know how to make this grilled caprese chicken, then I feel like I’ve done my good deed for today. Not a bad way to start a Monday.
Ok, so look at that picture. Convinced? And the best part is that it’s simple. It’s easy. It’s delicious. It’s beautiful. It’s pretty much going to be my go-to entertaining dish all. summer. long.
- 4 chicken breasts
- grill seasoning
- olive oil
- a couple of the best tomatoes you can find, sliced
- fresh mozzarella, a nice big hunk
- large bunch of fresh basil, ripped up
- balsamic vinegar - 2 TBS or so
- salt & pepper
- Set a grill to medium heat. Rub the chicken breasts with olive oil and grill seasoning and cook, roughly 5 or so minutes per side until cooked through.
- Meanwhile in a bowl add in your tomatoes, mozzarella, basil, and drizzle with the balsamic vinegar, salt & pepper. Mix by hand and set aside.
- The last minute or so of grilling I added a chunk of mozzarella to each piece to have it melt a bit. Once the chicken is cooked, remove, and top with remaining caprese.