We’ve enjoyed chicken parm many ways around A Life From Scratch. We’ve had it lightened up here and ooey gooey heavy here. Both of which were delicious. (Although let’s be honest, the ooey gooey version is slightly in the lead).
It wasn’t until last night though that we enjoyed a completely new spin on it, thanks to Dinner A Love Story. Chicken parm meatballs. Genius.
There isn’t much that needs to be said here. These little balls of heaven will sit perfectly as your main dish along the side of your favorite green veggie. We enjoyed M’s green beans but any would do.
And we didn’t miss the carbs one bit. Promise.
- 1 1/4 lbs ground white chicken
- 1/2 cup parm
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 TBS onion, minced
- generous amount of salt & pepper
- 1 TBS freshly chopped parsley
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 1 tsp oregano
- good amount of fresh mozzarella (I bought medallions from Whole Foods which sat perfectly on top of each ball)
- 3 TBS olive oil
- 14 ounce can of good quality pizza sauce
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or foil.
- Mix together all the ingredients up until the fresh mozzarella with your hands. Form extra large golf ball sized balls and place on your baking sheet.
- Mix together the olive oil with 1 TBS pizza sauce and brush on top of each ball. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and switch the broiler on. Spoon and good amount of sauce over each ball and then place a nice hunk of mozzarella on top.
- Broil for an additional 3-5 minutes, keeping an eye on them until they are browned and bubbly.
Who needs pasta?
If you liked this post, check these out!
Latest posts by Courtney (see all)
- Roasted Bruschetta Salmon - August 30, 2018
- Four hour Bolognese - August 28, 2018
- Summer sandwiches - July 25, 2018
On my to do list!!
Another great recipe! My hubby is a big fan of anything of yours.that I make. My friends 2 year old picky eater gobbled them up. I kept offering people seconds while secretly hoping there would be enough leftovers for lunch tomorrow.
Woohoo! I’m so glad to read comments like this – I am SO glad your family enjoyed!