How on earth do you make dinner when you’ve been in an office since 8AM only to stop briefly to get your kid in uniform – dusty cleats and all? Oh, and don’t forget you’re also snack parent at the 6:00 game. Are fruit leathers from Trader Joes really that unknown in the early elementary world? I think every single baseball star to be asked me ‘what are these’ in a very inquisitive tone.
But I digress. Yes, tonight would be a 5 minute dinner night. Easy and so much healthier than picking up that fast food that is ever so tempting sometimes…
So stick around for the whole game and know that you have all you need to get dinner on the table faster than most kids can run the bases. You don’t want to miss moments like this:
- 1 TBS olive oil
- 1.5 ground white chicken
- 1 cup fresh salsa
- palmful cumin
- 1 tsp salt
- 8 taco shells, warmed in the oven if you prefer
- toppings including: cheese, sliced avocado, fresh cilantro, and a dollop of sour cream and/or salsa
- Heat your olive oil in a skillet on medium high heat.
- Add in your chicken and brown for a few minutes. Stir in the salsa, cumin, and salt and cook together for a few more minutes until the flavors have come together.
- Scoop into your (warmed) taco shells and top with all the fixings. Serve in foil packets to keep the tacos standing up...just like at Chipotle!
Despite that these weren’t beef (heaven forbid!) M inhaled 4.
If you liked this post, check these out!
Latest posts by Courtney (see all)
- Roasted Bruschetta Salmon - August 30, 2018
- Four hour Bolognese - August 28, 2018
- Summer sandwiches - July 25, 2018
I haven’t checked out your site in a long time…these look delicious and yummy for a hot summer day. Margaritas anyone?!
I was hesitant due to the substitution of ground chicken for ground beef, but after tasting these, I think they were actually better than beef tacos!
Just what I needed for tonight! with hockey every evening, homemade meals are tough to make, thanks for this easy one appreicate it.