Ok, we already know you’re that awesome mom who’s got bus stop cookies going from time to time.
How about upping the health factor while still maintaining all the sprinkle and colorful fun? Watch your little’s eyes widen when they arrive home from school and find these no-bake granola bars! They’ll get excited about the rainbow sprinkles and mini chocolate chips. You’ll get excited about the whole grain oats, flax seed, minimal sugar, and the fact that they are gluten free. Obviously that means they are healthy.
Oh and hey! These are no-bake granola bars. Could not be easier. A win for everyone, I’d say! Whip some up today.
- 6 TBSP unsalted butter
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 TBSP cup brown sugar [light or dark]
- 1 + ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ⅛ tsp sea salt, extra to taste
- 2 cups quick-cooking or instant oats
- 2 cups crispy rice cereal [like Rice Krispies]
- ¼ cup flax meal or wheat germ
- 2 TBSP mini chocolate chips
- 3-4 TBSP rainbow chips
- Bring a saucepan to medium heat and melt your butter.
- After melting the butter, add your maple syrup, honey, brown sugar, vanilla, and sea salt and stir to mix.
- Turn heat to low, simmer until bubbly, then whisk and remove from heat. Next add the flax, oats, and cereal and stir until the dry ingredients are fully coated.
- Fold in your chocolate chips and pour into a 9X9 square pan.
- Using a spatula, press the mixture down, then top with rainbow chip sprinkles and press down gently so they will set.
- Chill in fridge for 1-2 hours, this will help the bars cool and set. Remove from pan using foil/parchment and transfer to a cutting board. Cut into rectangular bars or squares and enjoy!
If you liked this post, check these out!
Latest posts by Courtney (see all)
- Moms in Focus: Meet Anne! - December 15, 2017
- Gift guide: For the sister that makes you laugh out loud with her texts - December 13, 2017
- Chicken Brunswick Stew - December 12, 2017