Want to be the coolest mom on the block?
Of course you do.
These cookies are your key. They scream kids. Cake batter, sprinkles, two types of chocolate chips… do I need to go on?
B and I made our deliveries, post bus, the other day and were met with rave reviews all around. This is a fun way to brighten your little one’s day and also get them to hang around the kitchen counter a bit longer before heading back outside to play. Because you so know you want the inside scoop on what is going on at school.
Who am I kidding? I need a girl for that.
- 1 and 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 and 1/4 cup yellow or vanilla boxed cake mix (I used french vanilla cake mix)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup (1.5 sticks) unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 egg, at room temperature
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup chocolate chips (I used a blend of white and semi-sweet chocolate chips)
- 1/2 cup sprinkles
- Whisk together flour, cake mix, and baking soda. Set aside.
- Whip together butter and sugars in your kitchen aid or by hand until light and fluffy. Add in vanilla and egg, mix some more until it's come together.
- Slowly add in your dry ingredients and mix until smooth. Stir in chips and sprinkles.
- Chill for 2 hours. Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes and get to that bus!