Wow – big compliment M! Huge.
And to be completely honest? Not what I was expecting. I ended up putting this dinner off a night just because I didn’t want to deal with a negative comment from him. You see, it’s kind of…well…a girlier, if you will, dinner on our end. See normally we grill meat – not shrimp. And the vegetable is more of a side thought (i.e. roughly 3% of M’s meal) not part of the main event.
I did manage to ‘beef’ it up a bit with some rice, albiet it was brown which M tends to think is weird. Sigh.
I was about a glass and a half in when I set the plate in front of him. Go ahead M – I can take it. You can imagine my shock when he not only inhaled it but actually complimented it and insisted it go up on the blog – asap!
Wow. He was either being sincere or trying to make up for this week. I did buy him some stress relief oil while getting my hair done at Aveda today. Monster wouldn’t even begin to describe his mood since Monday. Maybe he finally got the hint and decided to play nice.
Or maybe it was just that good of a meal. You know what? It was pretty darn delicious (and painfully easy!). I’m going to go with the latter.
- 1 lemon
- 2 TBS finely chopped shallots
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- kosher salt & freshly ground pepper
- 1 lbs medium thin asparagus, woody ends trimmed off
- 1 lbs large peeled and deveined shrimp, tails on
- 1/3 cup shaved pecorino romano cheese
- brown rice, options (Trader Joes has frozen packs. Best invention ever, IMO).
- Warm up your grill to medium high heat.
- Grate the zest from the lemon into a small bowl. Add in 2 tbs juice, shallots, and whisk together. Gradually whisk in 1/4 cup olive oil and season with salt & pepper.
- Drizzle olive oil, salt, and pepper over the asparagus (in one bowl) and shrimp (in another bowl) and toss gently to combine. Grill for roughly 5 minutes, turning occasionally.
- In a large bowl, toss vinaigrette, shrimp, and asparagus together. Yummmmm. Plate on top of rice, if serving, and top with the shaved cheese. Serve it HOT.