Alright, it’s mid July folks. Anyone tired of grilled chicken yet?
Personally, I’m not. Especially when I have this recipe up my sleeve but I know that a simple mix up to the classic grilled chicken is always welcome and that is exactly what this bruschetta chicken recipe is. Especially when the summer jewels, tomatoes, are bursting with flavor. My goodness, how can something be so good. All you have to do is chop and mix it up with a few simple ingredients. On top of chicken melted with ooey gooey cheese it goes, and BAM!
You’ve got yourself a winner.
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large red or heirloom tomato, chopped
- 6 ounces fresh mozzarella, cut into ¼ inch slices and patted dry
- 4 small or 2 large chicken breasts, flattened to an even thickness or sliced in half lengthwise
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Make the bruschetta by mixing together the first seven ingredients.
- Season the chicken with salt & pepper and rub with olive oil. Grilled on medium heat until cooked through, roughly 10-12 minutes.
- Top each chicken piece with a thick slice of fresh mozzarella. Close the grill to help it melt. Remove from the grill and let rest.
- Top with the bruschetta and serve.
If you liked this post, check these out!
Latest posts by Courtney (see all)
- Roasted Bruschetta Salmon - August 30, 2018
- Four hour Bolognese - August 28, 2018
- Summer sandwiches - July 25, 2018
There is NO such thing as too much grilled chicken!! But this looks like a delicious option!
Looks great, love chicken and love Brushetta, win win!