I first served this bacon for the Apartment Therapy shoot and practically had to lock the boys away from it so we’d have enough left for our guests. So good.
And. the. smell. Did you ever think bacon could ever smell better than it already does? Yeah me neither. But this bacon does. It sends sort of a spicy sweet and salty goodness throughout the home.
Get this in your rotation this weekend. Because holiday breakfasts should have just a little something more special going on and this bacon does exactly that. Pairs perfectly with red and green sliced apples (so festive!), a warm pumpkin bread (Trader Joe’s gluten free is our new fav), and cozy Christmas pajamas.
- 8 slices thick cut bacon
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- Pinch of chili pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with foil and set a cooling rack on the baking sheet.
- Mix together the brown sugar and chili pepper.
- Lay the bacon out on the cooling rack, piece by piece, and spread the brown sugar mixture on top.
- Bake away for 20 minutes or so, until crisp.