Enter these Christmas tomatoes. Hello red + green. It just doesn’t get more classic than this.
These come together so quickly and so beautifully right before your meal. Have a helper fill the ice in the glasses, another light the candles on the table, all while you’re sautéing away by the stove for all of 10 minutes max. Hint: to make things even easier, chop up your garlic and herbs ahead of time. Less mess and it saves you time; just dump the baggie into the olive oil.
Give the whole pan an ever so dramatic confident shake once in awhile and pat yourself on the back. You’ve totally got this entertaining gig under control.
- 3 tablespoons good olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic (2 cloves)
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes or grape tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil, plus more for garnish
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley, plus more for garnish
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Heat the olive oil in a saute pan large enough to hold all the tomatoes in one layer. Add the garlic to the oil and cook over medium heat for 30 seconds.
- Add the tomatoes, basil, parsley, thyme, salt, and pepper. Reduce the heat to low and cook for 5 to 7 minutes, tossing occasionally, until the tomatoes begin to loose their firm round shape.
- Sprinkle with a little fresh chopped basil and parsley and serve hot or at room temperature.
If you liked this post, check these out!
Latest posts by Courtney (see all)
- C’s picks – week of December 17th - December 17, 2017
- Moms in Focus: Meet Anne! - December 15, 2017
- Gift guide: For the sister that makes you laugh out loud with her texts - December 13, 2017