Alright everyone – I know I promised you on Facebook this recipe this week. So without further ado, here they are..!
Every once in awhile a burger comes around that just rocks our world. One summer it was the brie-rugula burger, we couldn’t get enough. Last summer we fell into a turkey burger routine. This summer? Hands down the BLT chicken burger.
So many good things going on here. First of all the burger itself is simple, which I just love. I feel like sometimes things can get overly complicated in the meat part of a burger recipe and no one wants to dice up a ton and add a million different ingredients. Nope. This one keeps it simple.
Then, you get to make a little burger assembly platter which would be so fun for company or hey – even just yourself. Take advantage of beautiful summer heirlooms, fresh garden lettuce, and don’t skip the basil mayo! Slather. it. on. It’s worth every calorie.
And last but not least, you get to assemble and eat it. Obviously the best part.
- 1 pound ground chicken
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ⅓ cup finely grated parmesan
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup finely chopped fresh basil
- ½ tablespoon lemon juice
- 4-6 burger buns, toasted if desired (we go bunless!)
- 8 slices of bacon, cooked
- 4-6 romaine lettuce leaves
- 1 large tomato, sliced
- Mix ingredients together lightly and form into 4-6 thin patties. Refrigerate, covered, until ready to grill.
- To grill, preheat to medium. Grill burgers, flipping once, until browned and cooked through (8-10 minutes).
- Mix ingredients together. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Spread buns with basil mayonnaise. Top with bacon, lettuce, chicken burgers and tomato. Serve immediately.
If you liked this post, check these out!
Latest posts by Courtney (see all)
- Roasted Bruschetta Salmon - August 30, 2018
- Four hour Bolognese - August 28, 2018
- Summer sandwiches - July 25, 2018
OMG….I have to make these! I love fancy mayo on most things. Thanks for the recipe!
Tia @ HoPo recently posted…I’m in love with a new man
Looks delish! Although I have to say I am not sure I’ve ever had a chicken burger before!
Biz recently posted…Copycat Starbucks Cinnamon Chip Scones
Oh, yum! You had me at Basil Mayo!
This looks so yummy!! Thanks for sharing at Show & Share last week! Choose this as my favorite link! Hope to see you tomorrow!
Thank you so much Jennifer – so glad it was your favorite!
These burgers look amazing! I’m going to have to make these soon 🙂 Thanks for sharing! Pinning 🙂
Thank you for stopping by Katrina! Hope you enjoy the burgers!