Alright everyone – I know I promised you on Facebook this recipe this week. So without further ado, here they are..!
Every once in awhile a burger comes around that just rocks our world. One summer it was the brie-rugula burger, we couldn’t get enough. Last summer we fell into a turkey burger routine. This summer? Hands down the BLT chicken burger.
So many good things going on here. First of all the burger itself is simple, which I just love. I feel like sometimes things can get overly complicated in the meat part of a burger recipe and no one wants to dice up a ton and add a million different ingredients. Nope. This one keeps it simple.
Then, you get to make a little burger assembly platter which would be so fun for company or hey – even just yourself. Take advantage of beautiful summer heirlooms, fresh garden lettuce, and don’t skip the basil mayo! Slather. it. on. It’s worth every calorie.
And last but not least, you get to assemble and eat it. Obviously the best part.
- 1 pound ground chicken
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ⅓ cup finely grated parmesan
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup finely chopped fresh basil
- ½ tablespoon lemon juice
- 4-6 burger buns, toasted if desired (we go bunless!)
- 8 slices of bacon, cooked
- 4-6 romaine lettuce leaves
- 1 large tomato, sliced
- Mix ingredients together lightly and form into 4-6 thin patties. Refrigerate, covered, until ready to grill.
- To grill, preheat to medium. Grill burgers, flipping once, until browned and cooked through (8-10 minutes).
- Mix ingredients together. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Spread buns with basil mayonnaise. Top with bacon, lettuce, chicken burgers and tomato. Serve immediately.