That time is upon us – the pool is OPEN for summer! Bbq’s and parties fill up the weekends quickly and pretty soon you’ve lost track of just exactly how many burgers and brats you’ve consumed…Whoops!
Well, fear not – here’s a burger worthy of entertaining and it will help (not hinder) the figure! This became one of my ‘go to’ burger recipes 2 summers ago and it has stayed with us. Think of it as a fresh cobb salad, but burger format! I absolutely love creative burgers – I think they are a fun way to change up the (sometimes) repetitive nature of the typical bbq options. And I’ve found that my guests agree.
So grab a nice chilled glass of sauvignon blanc, get these on the grill, and know that a meal that won’t weigh you down is cooking away.
- 1.5 pounds ground white chicken
- grill seasoning
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 large glove garlic, minced
- olive oil
- 4 strips thick market style bacon
- blue cheese, enough for topping 4 burgers
- 4 thick slices vine ripened tomatoes
- 1 avocado, diced
- vinaigrette (ingredients below)
- 4 buns
- 2 TBS red wine vinegar
- 1 TBS freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tsp grainy mustard
- 1 tsp worchestershire sauce
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 3 TBS olive oil
- Preheat grill to medium high heat.
- Combine chicken, grill seasoning, green onions and garlic together. Form 4 patties and drizzle with olive oil. Along with the bacon, cook burgers on the grill. The bacon will take roughly 3 minutes per side, the burgers 5 minutes per side. On the last minute the burgers are cooking, add the blue cheese to melt.
- Whisk together ingredients to make the vinaigrette. Dress lettuce with some of the vinaigrette.
- On a large platter plate tomatoes, avocado, lettuce, and bacon. Drizzle remaining vinaigrette over all of the toppings.
- Let your guests build their own cobb burger to their specifications.
MUCH more interesting than a brat, right?