Hi everyone! I’m Molly, C’s sister-in-law, and I’m so excited to guest post while C and the boys enjoy beautiful Montana.
When C asked me to guest post, I immediately knew I wanted to share this Addictive Brussels Sprouts Salad. I first encountered this salad last fall at a “Friendsgiving” dinner and I went back for seconds, thirds…and maybe fourths. I asked for the recipe the next day and it’s become one of my staple meals ever since. It’s easy and quick to make and healthy, plus, Brussels sprouts are pretty trendy these days – what’s not to like? (Unless you’re my Dad and you don’t like Brussels sprouts, then this post just isn’t for you.)
You can also get all of the ingredients at Trader Joe’s and they sell shredded Brussels sprouts, gotta love when TJ’s makes your life easier.
I recommend making this addictive brussels sprouts recipe and sharing it with your friends, my bet is that they too will become addicted. Enjoy!
- - 24 Brussels sprouts, shredded/chopped (or 1 bag of shredded Brussels sprouts)
- - ½ cup Parmigaiano-Reggiano, finely grated
- - 1 cup toasted walnuts, in pieces
- - 1 avocado, sliced into cubes
- - 2 roasted or grilled chicken breasts, chopped
- - 9 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- - 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- - 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- - Drizzle of truffle oil – If you want to get fancy
- - Salt & pepper
- Shred the Brussels sprouts in a food processor or chop with a knife. Get the walnuts toasting in a pan on the stove, takes about 5 minutes over medium heat. Toss the shredded sprouts in a bowl, top with toasted walnuts, grated cheese, avocado and chicken. In a small jar, add the olive oil, apple cider vinegar and mustard with a sprinkle of salt & pepper. I added a little bit of truffle oil to the dressing and it was a game changer! Put a lid on the jar and shake it up. Pour the dressing over the salad and stir thoroughly. Best served immediately, although I eat leftovers the next day and it holds up well!