Let’s be honest: traveling with the kids is no walk in the park, but these simple (and luxurious!) items help make the flight much more bearable. Here’s what I can’t live without up in the sky.
1. Maybe it’s because I’m getting older, but planes suck the hydration out of me. I buy the biggest bottle of water I can find and make sure I drink the entire thing en route. I also always order two ice waters when the flight attendants saunter by.
2. Rain or shine, 20 degrees or 80 degrees, I’m wearing my birkenstocks.
3. I was hesitant at first to purchase a glittery sparkling iphone case (hello, I’m 33), but it’s actually quite pretty and the kids are obsessed. Anything to keep them occupied!
4. Addicted. I spray this hand sanitizer all over the seats and trays before we sit down because, well, ew.
5. I wish I was badass enough to actually do this because let’s be honest, it’s totally awesome.
6. I can’t say enough good things about this cotton striped dress from Old Navy. Seriously friends, it’s so comfortable. It’s so chic, i.e. you look pulled together even though you are sweating bullets. I get compliments on it all the time at airports and you will too.
7. Because obviously on flights with a toddler, all you’re doing is counting down the time. Michael Kors is always on my wrist, and right now it’s also on sale!
8. This Louis Vuitton bag fits it all – like, all. Diapers, extra clothing, juice cups, water bottles, iPads, books, sunglasses, wipes. You name it. Yes, it is an investment, but it’s something I have carried and traveled with every. single. spring and summer day since purchasing.
9. With skin and lips being prone to dryness during the flight, I’m always sure to stash at least two of these Eos lip balms in my bag, as well as more in my suitcase.
Someday my travel bag will be filled with slick new magazines and a best seller book. Until then, these items are getting me through. And hey, I totally love and am thankful for every single minute.
What are some of your favorite go-to items for traveling? I’d love for you to share them below in a comment!
*The fine print: this post contains affiliate links which means that if you use these links to make a purchase, I may receive a small commission. Of course, you are not obligated to use these links to make your purchase but please know that when you do, it supports my blog and for that I thank you.