I almost couldn’t write this post. No. more. chili!
But then I realized I had been in yoga pants for 3 day straight. Not exactly all that inspiring for wwww and I had to get something up on the blog. So here we are.
It has been such a dreary week that getting dressed in anything nicer seemed pointless. Where did our sunshine go? After running around outside for almost 2 weeks straight, B doesn’t understand why we wouldn’t continue that so out we still go in the rain and the mud. In his mind it’s FUN! In my mind I’m literally depressed that the Northface is back in rotation. I swore I wouldn’t touch that thing until November.
There is one good that came out of the past few days. I’ve been dying to try a (4 ingredient!) chili recipe and this seemed like the perfect opportunity to do just that. And I have to say, something about it bubbling away on the stove, the good smells waving through the house, well – it helped, for sure. And I was so happy to share half with my parents down the road.
If you’re missing the sun as much as I am, get this white chicken chili on your stove today. It won’t change the weather, but it will take help take the edge off just a bit. Here’s hoping I’m back to my grill, soon!
- 1.5 lbs chicken, cut into bite sized chunks
- seasonings: salt, pepper, coriander, cumin
- 16 ounces salsa, preferably fresh
- 4 cans white beans
- 4 cups chicken stock
- fixings: cilantro, avocado, chips, cheese
- Warm a big pot on the stove with a bit of olive oil. Cook the chicken until no longer pink, roughly 8 minutes. Season generously.
- Pour in the salsa, stock, and beans and bring to a boil. Simmer down on the stove for at least 30 minutes. I kept it going all day.
- Serve with your choice of toppings!