Happy New Year! Yes, I realize it is February and I kind of missed the boat on that one. I have missed you and my writing but life threw a couple of surprises (some somewhat expected and some not expected) our way and a bit of time ‘off’ has been needed. No fear though, I am back in my kitchen full force. To go along with my new cooking vengeance, it is time for ‘A Life From Scratch’ to introduce a new look! It needed to be warm, inviting, and reflect the sense of homemade that I oh so love. Welcome to the new site – Yipee!
This has been on going process for the past 6 months or so. Ideas were exchanged over play dates and breakfast and sketches were passed back and forth via our dear nanny, Mary Beth, at preschool drop offs and pick ups. The artist? The ever fabulous Heidi Doyle, aka Lisa Vanderpump. (No idea what I am talking about? Get filled in here). A mom of two adorable boys and 1 on the way – she has her hands FULL! Yet, she still managed to pick my brain and come up with the beautiful artwork and tagline that is now featured as the header to my site. She so totally rocks.
A few other changes have been going on around here. For one, I finally have joined the 21st century by working on an official Facebook Page for ‘A Life From Scratch’. I’ll be posting updates through there. You can also ‘like’ individual recipes and comment via your facebook login either on the blog itself or by posting to the facebook wall. How cute it is for me to see your adorable face pop up when you comment?!
Now, for a brief sappy moment: I love this blog. I love that I get texts, calls, and emails from friends and family asking me about a recipe or showing me a picture of something that they have made from the site. I’ve so enjoyed logging in my kitchen and personal stories over the past year and I am so excited about these changes. Opportunities have opened up for me that I never would have thought of from beginning a cooking blog. I am now blogging for Language Stars on L’s experience learning Spanish – follow me along, here – ole! I’m also blogging for McMaid Home Services and I have been doing a bit of copywriting for a marketing company as well. And yes, I’m still in property management for HP. It’s been exciting handling these additional forms of writing!
Now, for fun – a bit of facts since ‘A Life From Scratch’ began back in January 2011:
– Since installing Google Analytics on my site (in May) I’ve had 11,543 visitors stop by. Hey, that’s pretty cool! Thank you for visiting!
– M’s most requested recipe on the site? Well that can be found here.
– The most popular state to visit here? That’s easy – Illinois. The second is California, followed by New York – hello east coast!
– The most popular post on the site? The ever faithful compromise cookies. They will never let you down. That post alone has had almost 9,000 readers. Bake away!
– The town that most loves ‘A Life From Scratch?’ That would be a shout out to Chicago, followed by Itasca, then Glenview.
– Every time I head to the DR with L I have to make him these cookies. It got to the point where his DR was totally intrigued and we had to bring a batch by for him.
– If I had to live on one recipe for the rest of my life it would be this one.
Please spread the word around to your family and friends about the new and improved ‘A Life From Scratch’, stay warm, keep cooking, let me know how it all goes (it makes my day), and of course – EAT UP!