This is IT! It finally happened and oh my goodness is the city celebrating. Rightfully so, as it has been forever. M’s dad summed it up perfectly with a text post win…..’I can die a happy man.’ It’s like Chicago finally exhaled a huge breath of relief, whew. We made it. We finally made it.
Of course the goal would be to win the World Series but man, it feels good to just get this far. Doesn’t it?
We are bracing for the game by living in Cubs gear, studying all the stats, and of course, getting some good game food going. I thought it would be fun to take the flavors of a popular ballpark item, philly cheese steaks, and turn it into a ooey gooey flatbread.
This one worked great for the game as it’s easy to eat around the TV and the flavors were unreal. UNREAL. We legitimately ate enough for eight people. And hey, minimal prep! You can even make all the toppings ahead of time (what I did) and come game time just assemble and slid into the oven. All the while cheering for the Chicago Cubs, of course.
Game one? We’ve so got this!!! No doubt in my mind.
- 1 lbs flank steak
- grill seasoning
- salt & pepper
- olive oil
- 1 red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 yellow pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- few TBS cream cheese
- few good handfuls of shredded mozzarella or combo of any italian cheeses
- pizza crust, flatbread, naan bread - any will work
- Preheat your grill to medium heat and cook the seasoned flank steak, roughly 5-6 minutes per side. Set aside to rest and then eventually slice thin.
- In a large saute pan, heat some olive oil over medium high heat. Saute the veggies until crisp tender, roughly 5 minutes or so.
- On your crust, spread a small layer of cream cheese. Top with a handful of mozzarella, the thinly sliced steak, peppers, and onions. Add another layer of mozzarella on top.
- Into your oven it goes, temp and directions will vary according to what crust you are using. Most will be around 425 or so for 10 minutes.
If you liked this post, check these out!
Latest posts by Courtney (see all)
- Roasted Bruschetta Salmon - August 30, 2018
- Four hour Bolognese - August 28, 2018
- Summer sandwiches - July 25, 2018
Leave a Reply