This is one genius idea for a family dinner, if you ask me. All you have to do is roll up that bad boy and voila – you made stromboli! And guess what? Everyone is happy, because it’s pizza. M gets his meat and cheese so he’s content, L is eating green peppers without realizing it (sneaky), and I’m content with my spinach and mushrooms. Use whole wheat crust and you’ve got yourself one healthy dish. Even the bebe got in on it, but he’ll eat anything. Actually, let me rephrase that. He’ll take a bite of anything and then immediately throw what’s left.
I’m serious guys.
Pediatrician said to ‘calmly say ‘we don’t throw food’ and then take whatever is leftover away. Don’t let him see that it affects you.’
Well that’s fine and dandy but that was at 12 months. B is almost 15 months. That is 2-3 meals per day for 3 months….well you do that math. Let’s just say I’m quite over it and you can’t exactly drink wine with breakfast or lunch to ‘stay calm.’ Right? Right.
I’m open to suggestions below! My suggestion? Make this recipe, soon.
- whole wheat or regular pizza dough
- Olive oil
- pizza sauce
- crushed red pepper
- a variety of toppings – your call!
- Set out your dough 30 minutes or so before using to get to room temp. It will be easier to handle this way.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a baking sheet generously with olive oil.
- Spread the dough out so that it’s flat, like pictured.
- On goes your sauce, pinch of oregano and crushed red pepper flakes, and toppings.
- Top with your cheeses and slowly roooooool it up!
- Sprinkle salt on the top and bake for 45-50 minutes, until golden brown.