This is one genius idea for a family dinner, if you ask me. All you have to do is roll up that bad boy and voila – you made stromboli! And guess what? Everyone is happy, because it’s pizza. M gets his meat and cheese so he’s content, L is eating green peppers without realizing it (sneaky), and I’m content with my spinach and mushrooms. Use whole wheat crust and you’ve got yourself one healthy dish. Even the bebe got in on it, but he’ll eat anything. Actually, let me rephrase that. He’ll take a bite of anything and then immediately throw what’s left.
I’m serious guys.
Pediatrician said to ‘calmly say ‘we don’t throw food’ and then take whatever is leftover away. Don’t let him see that it affects you.’
Well that’s fine and dandy but that was at 12 months. B is almost 15 months. That is 2-3 meals per day for 3 months….well you do that math. Let’s just say I’m quite over it and you can’t exactly drink wine with breakfast or lunch to ‘stay calm.’ Right? Right.
I’m open to suggestions below! My suggestion? Make this recipe, soon.
- whole wheat or regular pizza dough
- Olive oil
- pizza sauce
- crushed red pepper
- a variety of toppings – your call!
- Set out your dough 30 minutes or so before using to get to room temp. It will be easier to handle this way.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a baking sheet generously with olive oil.
- Spread the dough out so that it’s flat, like pictured.
- On goes your sauce, pinch of oregano and crushed red pepper flakes, and toppings.
- Top with your cheeses and slowly roooooool it up!
- Sprinkle salt on the top and bake for 45-50 minutes, until golden brown.
If you liked this post, check these out!
Latest posts by Courtney (see all)
- Roasted Bruschetta Salmon - August 30, 2018
- Four hour Bolognese - August 28, 2018
- Summer sandwiches - July 25, 2018
I suggest a mimosa with breakfast and bloody mary with lunch. Then you’ve got your sanity and bases covered!
Good luck doll!
I’ll be making that stromboli this weekend!
Tia @ Gilded TBags recently posted…Costume Par-tay
Ha, I agree with Tia! You can customize your drinks based on the time of day! Love Stromboli – and this one looks easy!
Biz recently posted…Pumpkin Baked Oatmeal
Ahhh I will trade you a food-thrower for a 14.5 month old who still wakes up one or two times a night! I agree with all of the previous mimosa recommendations.
Seperately, this looks SO good, we will definitly be trying it one Friday night soon!
Christine recently posted…Pumpkin Hummus
I would legitimately die. What on EARTH is she doing up at night still? You poor thing…..!
Let me know if you make it, I hope you enjoy!
Love Tia’s suggestion!! I would add…get a dog…won’t stop the flying food, but at least you don’t have to clean it up
Debbie recently posted…Roasted Red Peppers