It’s no joke that I’m a total sucker for a roasted chicken recipe. My tops favs including this chimichurri recipe and this chicken facile, but this Spanish chicken & chorizo bake completely blew me away. It took all of five minutes to prep and one hour on the dot to roast away to a browned perfection. On the table it goes with a glass of wine and you’ve got yourself a meal.
Don’t have an hour at dinner time because you’re running kids like a mad woman all over town? I understand. Try this tip. The above came together when L was in school reading away, B was at his little 2’s class singing songs about body parts, and me? Well, I was alone in my kitchen (!!!), throwing these ingredients into my big roasting tray while this song blasted away. Once cooled, into the fridge it went to hang out until dinner time, and out the door I went to pick up B.
You know what? I’m convinced sometimes recipes are even better that way. They have time to linger, meld flavors, figure it all out. Come 5:30, I preheated the oven to 275 and let it warm up for an hour or so. Tasted divine.
- 2 tablespoons regular olive oil
- 6 chicken thighs (bone in, with skin)
- 1 pounds chorizo sausage, cut into 1 1/2-inch chunks (you can use regular sausage if chorizo is too spicy)
- 1 pounds baby white-skinned potatoes, halved
- 1 red onions, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoons dried oregano
- salt & pepper
- zest of one orange
- basil, ribboned
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Put the oil in the bottom of a shallow roasting pan. Rub the skin of the chicken in the oil, then turn skin side up.
- Add in the chorizo sausages and the baby potatoes. Sprinkle with the onion, oregano, salt & pepper, then grate the orange zest over the contents.
- Bake for 1 hour. The last few minutes or so I switched on the broiler to brown and crisp up the skin. I topped with some basil ribbons for color and onto the table it goes.
If you liked this post, check these out!
Latest posts by Courtney (see all)
- Roasted Bruschetta Salmon - August 30, 2018
- Four hour Bolognese - August 28, 2018
- Summer sandwiches - July 25, 2018
You have so many great recipes lately so I need to get cooking, falling behind on trying all of them.
This sounds fantastic, and I love meals that cook all together in one pan so that the flavors meld and everything gets all… juiced up. 😉 It doesn’t hurt when there are fewer dishes to wash, either!
Oh my goodness this looks so good. Thank you for sharing the recipe. I definitely need to make this :).
Corina Ramos recently posted…Infographic: The 20 Effects Of Stress On The Body
I love dishes like that – set it and forget it! And I agree with your comment on Instagram – I hate it here too! 🙁
Biz recently posted…Key West–Day 1
Chorizo is so good if cooked the right way. And roasted chorizo sounds so yummy! I’ve never seen a recipe like this, but I’m going to give it a try.
Thanks for sharing at Inspire Me Mondays!
Brandi clevinger recently posted…Swagbucks Search & Learn: Luck of the Irish
I love the addition of the orange zest. It sounds like a total game changer! I can’t wait to try this recipe. Thanks for linking up at #FoodieFriDIY this week!
I love the rustic look of this dish. My family is a big chorizo fan, so this recipe would be a big hit.
Thao @ In Good flavor recently posted…Italian Chicken Pasta Salad
This looks delicious! 🙂 Yummy and full of flavor! Love the chorizo! It’s the perfect dinner dish!
Cathy recently posted…Blueberry Cheesecake Mini Pies
What an incredibly delicious dinner! Thanks for linking up with What’s Cookin’ Wednesday!
Karly recently posted…Rotisserie Chicken, Dips, and Peanut Butter!
Just wanted to tell you that I featured this awesome chicken dish on #FoodieFriDIY. Thank you so much for linking with us!