Let me let you in on a little secret.
When entertaining, while the meal is on the table and the wine is flowing and the music is playing, there is a brief moment I sneak away from it all.
See, ahead of time I’ve prepped these cookies on a baking tray or this unreal skillet brownie.
Into the preheated oven it goes to get to a warm and gooey perfection. Just remember to set a timer because, you know, dinner parties are easy to get lost in. And, well, wine.
When that timer goes off, it it’s time for a big scoop of vanilla bean ice cream and onto the table it goes. Your guests have never been happier.
Happy Friday, friends!
- 1/4 pound (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 4 ounces plus 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided
- 1 1/2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 2 extra large eggs
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt the butter, 4 ounces of chocolate chips, and the unsweetened chocolate together in a medium bowl set over simmering water. Set aside for 15 minutes. In a large bowl, stir (do not beat) together the eggs, coffee, vanilla and sugar. Stir the chocolate mixture into the egg mixture and allow to cool to room temperature.
- In a medium bowl, sift together 1/4 cup of the flour, the baking powder and salt and add to the chocolate mixture. Toss together the remaining 1/2 cup of chocolate chips and one tablespoon of flour in a medium bowl and add them to the chocolate mixture. Spoon the mixture into a 12 inch cast iron skillet and place on a sheet pan. Bake for 25 minutes. Do not over bake! You want it to be gooey.
- Serve warm with a scoop of ice cream on top.
If you liked this post, check these out!
Latest posts by Courtney (see all)
- Roasted Bruschetta Salmon - August 30, 2018
- Four hour Bolognese - August 28, 2018
- Summer sandwiches - July 25, 2018
I so admire you as a mommy who can blog. I’m alll alone and feel I barely have time to do it all. Disabled too, so I don’t even have the excuse of a job!
Anyway, you had me at Brownie- 1 word YUM!!!
Here from Inspire Me Monday.
Melinda recently posted…How to Increase Traffic with a Blog Brand
Can’t wait to try this!! Looks soooo good! Here from DIY.
A warm brownie is the best!! Can’t wait to try this recipe. I would love if you would stop by and share on my Friday Favorites linkup!
Jennie @ The Diary of a Real Housewife recently posted…Friday Favorites Link Up Party
Oh yummy! I would scoop this delicious dessert right from the pan! Yum! Stopping over from the your turn to shine party!
Cathy recently posted…Grilled Corn, Tomato and Arugula Salad with Feta
I have never tried these before. Pinning and hopefully trying soon! Thank you for sharing with us at the Brag About It Link Party!
Well, that looks absolutely amazing! Can’t wait to try it.
Erin @ the-organized-life recently posted…Cleaning Tip Tuesday: DIY Weed Killer
I love all things brownies. This looks awesome. I’ve never seen one made in a skillet before so this intrigues me for sure. I would love if you linked up at tonights Throw Back Thursday!
Alli @ Tornadough Alli recently posted…Cowboy Caviar