Let’s end this week with a bang, shall we? I’ve been known to do that around here.
I feel like, at times, a photo is worth 1,000 words and this would be one of those moments. Do I really need to expand on melted gooey cheese, sautéed sausage, and veggies all hanging out in a hot skillet ready to be smeared into a warm tortilla?
I didn’t think so.
Get this homemade queso fundido going in your kitchen – ASAP. Report back, I’d love to hear if it made you as happy as it made us. Happy weekend friends!
- 1/2 pound Hot Breakfast Sausage Or Chorizo
- 1 whole Medium Onion, Finely Diced
- 2 whole small Bell Peppers (any Color Combination), Seeded And Finely Diced
- 1 pound Monterey Jack, Grated (OR Mozzarella, Or Other Stringy Melting Cheese), Grated
- Sprinkle Of Chili Powder
- 3 whole Roma Tomatoes, Diced
- 1/4 cup Cilantro, Chopped
- Tortilla Chips For Serving
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large skillet, cook and crumble the sausage until brown. Remove from skillet and drain on a paper towel. Pour off any excess fat.
- Add onions and bell peppers to the skillet and cook over medium-high heat until the veggies are soft and golden brown, about 7-8 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- To build the skillet, place 1/3 of the cheese in a medium-sized ovenproof skillet. Add half the sausage. Add another third of the cheese, then as much of the veggie mixture as you'd like (you may have a little left over.) Add almost all of the remaining cheese, the rest of the sausage, then whatever cheese you have left. Sprinkle the top very lightly with chili powder.
- Into the oven it goes for 5-6 minutes.
- Top with the diced tomatoes, sprinkle on the tomatoes, and serve immediately with tortilla chips.
If you liked this post, check these out!
Latest posts by Courtney (see all)
- Roasted Bruschetta Salmon - August 30, 2018
- Four hour Bolognese - August 28, 2018
- Summer sandwiches - July 25, 2018
Yum!!! Move over El Molinas.
You had me at a pound of cheese! The first time I had queso like that was a seafood one at a place called Hat Dance that was a hugely popular restaurant in the early 90s – it’s since been closed, but it was worth the calories – as is yours!
Happy weekend – I am just happy I don’t be driving anywhere this weekend! 😀
Biz recently posted…610 Miles in One Day!
This looks absolutely delicious! (Pinned!)
Paula@SweetPea recently posted…Easy Cherry Tomato Pasta Sauce (No Cook!)
Thank you so much Paula for stopping by!
Great sight Courtney!
Sandi @ Sandi’sAllergyFreeRecipes recently posted…Brushetta Dip/Topping
Thank you for your kind words, Sandi!
This looks AMAZING! Queso fundido is one of my absolute favorites! Pinned for later!
Stopping by from Share Your Stuff Tuesday,
B recently posted…Topless Tuesday – 08.12.14
Thanks, B! 🙂 I hope you enjoy if you try it out – keep me posted!
YUMMY! Your fundido looks like a super delicious must try, especially with the whole pound of cheese. 🙂 I hope you can stop on by and share this or any other recipe with us on Five Friday Finds!
CJ Huang recently posted…Five Friday Finds #149
Thanks so much CJ!!! And thank you for stopping by ALFS!