Frankly, I haven’t been cooking much lately. Something with staging and showings and keeping the house perfect blah blah blah. So this one felt good to knock out. I chopped away, made a mess, mixed together and felt, for just a teeny tiny moment, at peace.
No one warned me how emotional and exhausting this moving thing can be.
The other night I dreamt my husband randomly bought a yacht and drained our savings so our loan fell through. We had already sold our current home so we were, literally, homeless. I woke up so angry at him! I refuse to ever go on a boat with him as captain why on earth would he do this to us??? A few moments later I put it together that, even in my dreams, I just couldn’t seem to catch a break from the silly drama of it all.
Whenever I get overly stressed and anxious on the home front I try to remind myself that it’s all good stuff. Really good stuff. And moments like this delicious green goddess quinoa salad in the kitchen help me center myself and just calm the heck down.
Because my husband is not going to be buying a yacht anytime soon (or ever, dear Lord). We have secured the home. And we are going to start a kickass new adventure together in it, soon. EEK!
- 2 cups cooked quinoa (I used TJ's microwaveable version because it's SO EASY!)
- 2 cups halved cherry tomatoes
- 2 cups spinach leaves
- ½ cup green goddess dressing (recipe below)
- fresh Mozzarella cheese, cut into bite sized chunks
- sliced almonds
- grilled veggies
- grilled chicken (the sky is the limit with this one!)
- half an avocado
- ¼ cup Greek yogurt
- ½ cup water
- 1 cup cilantro leaves and stems
- 1 small clove of garlic
- ½ teaspoon salt
- a squeeze of lime juice
- Blend all together
- Cook the quinoa and toss all ingredients together to combine!