I made this spring quinoa for cooking club recently and it was a hit all around.
I could eat stuff like this for days, you know? And I 100% proceeded to do precisely that with the leftovers. Full of fresh peas, chopped up herbs, feta, almonds, bacon (ahem) all tossed together with a lemon honey vinaigrette? Well, it slides down pretty darn easily and oh so tasty.
The is one of those rockstar dishes you could totally put your own stamp on. Swap out the feta for goat cheese. Leave out the bacon to make it vegetarian, if you must. Add in roasted red peppers. Mint. Chives. Seriously, anything goes.
And the best part is it’s totally short cut worthy. Those Trader Joe frozen quinoa packets are a staple around here. Just one less step to get this dish out of your kitchen and onto the patio table.
Just in time for a perfect spring evening. Fingers crossed.
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 2 cups peas
- 1/2 cup feta
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and drained
- 1/2 cup basil, freshly chopped
- 1/2 cup cilantro, freshly chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced up almonds
- Juice of 2 large lemons
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 large TBS honey
- Cook quinoa according to package directions. Toss together remaining items.
- Mix all together and pour over the quinoa. I only used about half the dressing or so, as I like things a bit lighter. Seasons everything with salt & pepper.