Today marks the first Bears game of the season. In certain homes wives are crying at the thought of losing their husbands to hours and hours spent screaming and cursing in front of the TV. I still don’t get it – they can’t hear you. But I can, and you’re loud.
Need a way to quiet them down for a few moments? Serve these ultimate, manly, super macho nachos. Guaranteed to be game silencing good.
Nachos tend to get a bad rep. Listed on almost every appetizer menu across the country they are often served up quite dull with wilted toppings and naked chips. Not these. We’re talking intense nachos here. Refried beans spread on every thick tortilla chip, homemade chili poured along the top, shredded mexican cheese sprinkled to melt slowly to a bubbly perfection in the oven. When these come out they will be sure to impress. Top them with appropriate toppings – dark leafy lettuce, buttery avocado, cilantro, and a squeeze of a lime.
Serve on a big platter with icy cold beers, lots of napkins, and cross your fingers the team your husband is screaming for wins. We all know the mood that ensues a loss is never pleasant.
- your favorite chili
- tortilla chips
- good refried beans
- mexican cheese
- Make a pot of your favorite chili. I used this recipe. (Bonus, you're cooking two meals in 1 - nachos + bowls of chili for another night during the week).
- Put a layer of thick tortilla chips out on a foil lined baking sheet. Spread each chip with good refried beans. Time consuming? Slightly. Necessary? Yes!
- Ladle the warm chili on the chips and beans. Sprinkle with mexican cheese and melt in a 350 oven for about 8 - 10 minutes.
- Garnish with your preferences.
If you liked this post, check these out!
Latest posts by Courtney (see all)
- Roasted Bruschetta Salmon - August 30, 2018
- Four hour Bolognese - August 28, 2018
- Summer sandwiches - July 25, 2018
After the way the Bears played Sunday, I think we’ll be having these every week for good luck. Lucky me!
What great game day food! I love Nachos! It must be in the male genes to yell at the TV, they all do it, and none of them realize it is for nothing!
Laughing – agree!!
Looks wonderful. Love nachos.
I’m sure a tray of those would shut up any man! Where do I place my order?
Terrific piece you might have prepared here! The internet is overflowing of poor authorship and I was grabbed by your lucidity. Your determinations are dead-on and I will straightaway subscribe to your rss feed to remain up to date together with your up future postings. Yes! I acknowledge it, your authorship style is fabulous and i will now function harder on improving mine.