So we all know I’m used to living in boy world. I’ve got M, I’ve got L, I’ve got B. There are a lot of wrestling matches, baseball bats, mud, sticks, and bugs in my world.
But now I also am living in construction world. And construction world is very parallel to boy world. Lots of rocks, dirt, mud, noise, and of course the construction crew. Yep, most days its just me and the guys in the ol’ Cape Cod. All eight of them.
It seems oh so fitting to indulge in a super manly man recipe considering what is going down around here. Italian beef in the crock pot could not sound (or smell) better. Super easy to throw together, this is absolute perfect recipe to satisfy all men currently in my life. M had two. B inhaled it. And there were enough leftovers to feed the construction crew the next day because, well, you should be nice to the guys building your dream home.
And these Italian beef sandwiches are nice. Very very nice.
- 3lb chuck roast, trimmed of visible fat and cut into large hunks (have your butcher do)
- 1 envelope Good Seasons Zesty Italian salad dressing mix
- 8oz pepperoncini pepper slices + splash of juice (plus extra for serving)
- 8oz Giardiniera (Chicago-Style Italian Sandwich Mix,) drained (plus extra for serving)
- 14.5oz can beef stock
- provolone cheese slices
- hoagie buns
- Place chuck roast into the bottom of a 5.5 - 6 quart crock pot then sprinkle with salad dressing mix. Add pepperoncini peppers plus a splash of juice, Giardiniera, and beef broth then lift up chuck roast pieces to get broth underneath. Place a lid on top then cook on low for 7 hours, or until meat shreds easily with a fork. Shred then place meat back into crock pot and cook on low for 1 more hour.
- Split buns in half then scoop the shredded meat mixture on top and add provolone cheese slices. Top with additional pepperoncini peppers and Giardiniera, if desired, then serve.