Something pretty spectacular happened the other night.
To start, we had Becky, Tyler, and their brand new baby Will over. Yippee! This was awesome for many reasons; most of which is that the three cousins finally got to hang.
See? Cuteness overload. Also, oh my goodness L is massive. Holding a newborn completely magnifies that, wow. My baby!
Anyway, secondly, Aunt C joined us, which always makes everything more fun, including baseball in the mud. Oh and did I mention it was 64 degrees?
That meant a slight nod to summer entertaining, which of course meant chilled sauvignon blanc, the best grilled chicken ever on the grill, skillet potatoes roasting away in the oven, and this over the top chopped thai salad.
You guys. It’s pretty. It’s healthy (baby kale! carrots! edamame! red pepper! yellow pepper! etc!). The zippy dressing… it’s just so good. The serving size I made was for 8-12 people, but between 4 of us it was gone. Granted the Glantz crew (including in-laws!) are quite the, um, eaters but still. That’s saying something.
And that something is that this salad is perfection.
Chopped Thai Salad
Write a review
For the dressing
- ⅓ cup canola oil
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled
- 3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons white distilled vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon ginger paste
- a squeeze of lime juice
For the salad
- 16 ounces frozen shelled edamame (I actually bought pre cooked edamame from TJ's to save step)
- 5-6 cups baby kale, chopped
- 3 large carrots, cut into thin sticks
- 2 bell peppers (1 red, 1 yellow), cut into thin sticks
- 1 cup cilantro leaves, roughly chopped
- ¾ cup cashews, roughly chopped (if you can find them, go with Trader Joe's Thai Lime and Chili Cashews!)
- Blend dressing ingredients together and set aside.
- To arrange salad, place baby kale at the bottom of a large bowl. Add ingredients by sections on top (see photo below). I kept the salad this way, separate from the dressing, in the fridge until dinner was ready. Then, I simply tossed it all together and served.
Adapted from Pinch of Yum
Adapted from Pinch of Yum
A Life From Scratch. https://a-life-from-scratch.com/
If you liked this post, check these out!
Courtney is a wife to M and a mom of two boys, L (8) and B (3). Most of her blogging is done frantically during nap time in between laundry, cleaning, and the occasional housewives rerun. Or the brief hour or so that she can stay awake after the boys go down for the night. She loves her sleep. Read more...