It’s been a long week – I feel like I keep saying that and I’m wondering when it’s going to be a normal week. I’m longing for lazy, slow, and bored. Which is what I carved out half of my Sunday to be. I got home from errands at 1:00, put on my favorite jeggings, warm socks, and cozy cardigan that makes me feel like I’m being hugged at all times and refused to go back outside. I almost wanted to lock the doors and pull the drapes but I then I realized I don’t have drapes. Darn.
Something about baking 500 muffins (don’t ask), spontaneously redoing my dining room and a few other pieces in the home, along with 7 drinks Friday night, including 3 martinis (again, don’t ask – I don’t remember) just sort of threw off my kitchen routine. That is never a good thing for me. The first thing I did when I woke up today (almost sober – yea!) was sit with my cookbooks and plan out my meals for the week and then it was off on my broomstick to Whole Foods. It is literally my version of heaven and I practically waltzed around the store with visions of my oven perfectly browning the skin of a lemony olive oil rubbed chicken breast. Yes, we were having a hearty Sunday dinner. Baked chicken. Brown rice to soak up all the juices. And M’s favorite garlicy roasted green beans. Something tells me I’m going to need seconds. Hold the martinis.
- 1/3 cup of olive oil
- 9 cloves (yes, 9!) of minced garlic
- 1/3 cup of dry white wine,
- the zest and juice of 1 lemon
- small palmful of dried oregano
- small palmful of fresh minced rosemary (or thyme, whatever you have)
- a generous amount of salt and pepper.
- 4 bone in chickens breasts
- salt and pepper
- one large lemon
- Preheat that oven to 400 degrees.
- You'll need to start by making the sauce. Heat up 1/3 cup of olive oil over medium low heat. Once warm, add in 9 cloves (yes, 9!) of minced garlic for just a minute or so. Remove from the heat.
- Mix in 1/3 cup of dry white wine, the zest and juice of 1 lemon, small palmful of dried oregano, small palmful of fresh minced rosemary (or thyme, whatever you have), and a generous amount of salt and pepper.
- Pour sauce into a 9X12 dish. Pat 4 bone in chickens breasts completely dry and put on top of the sauce, skin side up. Brush generously with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Cut up one large lemon into 8 chunks and place throughout the chicken.
- Bake for 40 minutes and remove from the oven. If the skin isn't as brown and crispy as you prefer, flip on your broiler and stick it back in for a minute or so. Remove, cover with foil, and let rest for 10 minutes.
This completely hit the spot.
If you liked this post, check these out!
Latest posts by Courtney (see all)
- Roasted Bruschetta Salmon - August 30, 2018
- Four hour Bolognese - August 28, 2018
- Summer sandwiches - July 25, 2018
Leave a Reply