I know, I know….zucchini noodles are such a fad right now. But I’m a little late to this band wagon as when on earth would I make a dish like this. I’m pretty sure if I plopped this on the table M would grab the phone to call for carry out. Yes I’m living in a meat and potatoes world and am doing the best I can, pushing the envelope from time to time but never this far.
Until my sisters came by.
One last hurrah with the bride to be and my youngest sister and we did it right. Pajamas, sauvignon blanc, Destiny’s Child, dancing, planning, cooking, My Best Friend’s Wedding and…..zoodles. Because all three of us were slipping into perfectly fitted dresses in exactly two weeks so, well, it’s just best to keep the carbs at bay.
I found this delicious and easy recipe from Two Peas and Their Pod but have to be honest, a glass of wine in and all the dancing to ‘Say My Name’ it sort of got lost in the shuffle. I just went with it…..garlic, olive oil, threw in some pesto because I had it. A lot of parm. Sauté sauté sauté and into deep bowls it went. Wished I had basil for the top but I didn’t. And that was ok as there was not a morsel left.
This is the best, fresh, light, summer dish out there. Guaranteed.
- 2 TBS butter
- 2 TBS olive oil
- 5 cloves garlic, sliced
- few TBS of pesto, if you have it
- few large handfuls of spinach
- 6 cups spiraled zucchini (locals, Heinens sells it ready to go!)
- 1/2 cup or so of parm, and more for topping
- basil, for topping
- salt & pepper
- Melt the butter and evoo in a large saute pan over medium heat.
- Add in the garlic and saute for a minute or so until fragrant. Add in the pesto and swirl around.
- Throw in the spinach and cook a minute or two, until just slightly wilted. Add in the zucchini noodles and cook just a few minutes - you still want them to have a bite.
- Season with the parm, salt, and pepper. Pour into deep bowls and top with more parm and fresh basil, if you have it.