Time for another what WE wore Wednesday, which basically means time to show off your little one(s)!
This week’s theme is all about haircuts. As I’m fully aware, both my boys could be mistaken for girls from behind. And actually from the front, B is mistaken for a girl about 95% off the time. Whoops. M came home from baseball evaluations claiming L could ‘barely see from under his hat’ and B just looks, well, like he lives down by the river. Ok, ok, I get the point. YOU try and take a kid for a haircut that was recently pinned down for stitches, removing stitches, and then 18 month old shots. Not so easy, huh?
Here is what we wore on a day of reading, school, and playing ‘night night’ in the kitchen:
On L: Abercrombie jeans, Crewcut tee.
On B: Old Navy ‘skinny’ jean and a Gap tee courtesy of L.
On C: AG jeans, Ann Taylor Loft top. I realize it’s like, 10 degrees out and I’m in short sleeves, but I was cooking a roast all day and I tend to run warm.
On a side note, did you know? It’s National Eating Disorder awareness week, which is something near to my heart. If you or anyone you know is suffering, please, begin here. If you’d like to donate to help insurance companies realize the severity these disorders have on one’s mental health please, donate here and know that:
- Over 8 million Americans are suffering, 7 million women and 1 million men.
- 1 in 200 woman suffers from anorexia.
- 2-3 women in 100 suffers from bulimia.
- Eating disorders are now considered addictions due to the fact that they change and manipulate one’s brain chemistry to associate starvation with reward. This is serious stuff.
- Eating disorders have the highest mortality rate of any mental illness.
- 50% of girls between the ages of 11-13 see themselves as overweight. (this makes me cry).
- Treatment ranges from $500 – $2000 per day. Average one month session of in treatment therapy? $30,000.
Please take the time to educate yourself on this important mental health issue. It’s all around us.
If you liked this post, check these out!
Latest posts by Courtney (see all)
- Roasted Bruschetta Salmon - August 30, 2018
- Four hour Bolognese - August 28, 2018
- Summer sandwiches - July 25, 2018
Great post,umm maybe in a week for haircuts? is that enough time to get over the trauma of stiches lol! thank you for bringing up these very important issues and wow on those stats, very sad.
Yep, its so sad – did you know there is a hashtag on Instagram for anorexia? I just looked it up, and as of today the are 1.9 MILLION posts using that hashtag – it’s so crazy – some people write “stay starved . . . stay skinny.” 🙁
Biz recently posted…One-Pot Lemon Garlic Chicken Pasta
Biz – I saw your comment, and I couldn’t bring myself to check Instagram – until last night. I don’t even know what to say….it’s all so sad. The hashtag needs to go away. Young children are just too vulnerable!
Such a very, very important issue – thanks for raising awareness.
As for haircuts your shaggy guys are too cute! I don’t know, I think that sounds like a manly job for Dad to handle taking them to the barber!
Christine recently posted…A Breath of Fresh Air (and a late wwww)
Christine – perfect idea…! 😉