Sometimes, when it comes to dinner, it’s just about the old standbys. Nothing fancy, nothing new. You know exactly what you’re going to get and dinner feels all that more….comfortable. Homey. Relaxed. And dare I say it….easy.
This is exactly that. It’s so basic, you could do it half asleep (which I sometimes have). Throw it in the crock pot in the morning and go about your day. Work, kids, workout, homework, activities. It’s a lot. I know. But dinner doesn’t always have to be. Sometimes it can and should just be…simple.
Give yourself a break. Grab these items at the store and throw it together and come dinner time plop in a deep bowl and hang on the couch and cheer for the Cubs. Because that is precisely what we do when we eat cowboy chili together and there are very few things that could ever make me happier.
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp Mrs. Dash or any other seasoning you may like (I've thrown in cumin and red pepper)
- 1 lbs small red potatoess, sliced thin (about 4-5 small red potatoes),
- 1 can of cream of mushroom soup (I know, I know)
- 1 lb ground beef browned and drained
- 1 can of diced tomatoes with liquid
- 1 cup canned corn, drained
- 1 can dark red kidney beans, drained
- 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese, for topping
- 1. Place all of the ingredients except the cheese in a crockpot and stir well.
- 2. Cover and cook on high for 4 hours or on low for 7-8 hours. Uncover crockpot and sprinkle shredded cheese over top and recover and let cook an additional 30 minutes or so, until bubbly and melted.
If you liked this post, check these out!
Latest posts by Courtney (see all)
- Moms in Focus: Meet Anne! - December 15, 2017
- Gift guide: For the sister that makes you laugh out loud with her texts - December 13, 2017
- Chicken Brunswick Stew - December 12, 2017