So, I’m having a major love affair with my crock pot recently. With summer hitting hard what is happening is a lot of time spent not being home due to soaking up the sun at the park, pool, or yes of course….baseball field.
Laundry piles up. Mail piles up. The home is in a bit of disarray and dinner? My goodness. I’m lucky if I get to the store to buy milk. That being said, I’m trying to take it week by week and keep up with my kitchen planning. Does it always happen? Heck no. But I’m trying. And relying, A LOT, on the ease of the crock pot. It’s there when I can’t be and doing most of the work for me. So needed.
That being said, I feel crock pot recipes tend to lean on the heavier side, think fall and winter dishes. More cozy and comforting less easy on the waistline. So my goal over the next few weeks is to establish some summer crock pot staple recipes that will carry us through the crazy long fun summer days and into the night. Because is there anything better than a beer braised brat topped with yellow mustard out on the patio?
Not much. These hit. the. spot. I browned them up in the morning and they bubbled away all day in beer, onion, garlic, and…..um, butter. Ok, ok perhaps not the easiest on the waistline but nothing screams summer like a beer braised brats. Delicious.
Get them in your rotation this week. Your busy summer self (and family!) will thank you.
- 8 brats
- 2 sweet onions, sliced thin
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 TBS butter
- 2 12 ounce beers (I used miller lite)
- salt & pepper
- buns, mustard, etc for serving
- Brown the brats on each side for a few minutes in a tiny bit of evoo.
- Place in bottom of slow cooker. Top with onions, garlic, butter, salt & pepper. Pour beers over everything. Cook on high for 4 hours or low for 8 hours.
If you liked this post, check these out!
Latest posts by Courtney (see all)
- Moms in Focus: Meet Anne! - December 15, 2017
- Gift guide: For the sister that makes you laugh out loud with her texts - December 13, 2017
- Chicken Brunswick Stew - December 12, 2017