As you can imagine, I often have friends or family sending me recipes that I just have to try.
These super delicious chicken enchiladas was one of those recipes.
My good friend, Mary Beth, and her husband Josh raved about it so I tried it out the next night. And I’m completely embarrassed to say how many we consumed.
These were oh so good and oh so easy. A similar feel to my other favorite enchilada recipe yet these are a bit more traditional with the red sauce and that you roll each one individually. Using a rotisserie chicken cuts down on prep work and you can make it your own by using your favorite jar of salsa. We went with Frontera, and it was heavenly. I used whole wheat tortillas just to feel a tad better about consuming, oh you know, four of them.
Don’t count on leftovers with this one!
- 8 count tortillas packages (I used whole wheat flour)
- 1 - 10 oz can red enchilada sauce
- 1 -20 oz can red enchilada sauce
- 1 15 oz jar of salsa (Fronterra worked awesome!)
- 2 - 7 oz cans of diced green chilies
- 4 cups shredded cheese (Mexican or cheddar)
- 1 whole cooked rotisserie chicken
- olives, jalapenos, guac, lettuce, etc, for topping!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and shred chicken into a large bowl. Add chilies, salsa and 1½ bags or 3 cups of cheese to the chicken and mix well.
- Prepare 9x13 baking pans by coating with the small can of sauce and pouring any remaining sauce into the chicken mixture.
- Spoon chicken mixture into the middle of the tortilla, roll sides and place seam side down in pan.
- Once the pan is filled pour the large can of enchilada sauce over top making sure to coat all areas of the tortillas.
- Top with remaining shredded cheese.
- Loosely cover with foil and bake for 30 mins. Remove foil and bake for an additional 10 mins.
- Serve with chopped tomatoes, sour cream, shredded lettuce, and any other ingredients you like such as guac, jalapenos, pico de gallo and chopped black olives.
If you liked this post, check these out!
Latest posts by Courtney (see all)
- Roasted Bruschetta Salmon - August 30, 2018
- Four hour Bolognese - August 28, 2018
- Summer sandwiches - July 25, 2018
Leave a Reply