How darling are these?
The recipe comes from a Southern gent – so, they are sure to please a crowd. Ginger (one of my 3 moms) gave me his (signed!) cookbook, and this would be a standout recipe from it. You’d think making a homemade cracker would be daunting, wouldn’t you?
Not these Southern Thumbprints. Simply mix together, chill, and bake off before your guests arrive. You can top them with anything from strawberry jam (what I used) to apricot (what Ginger likes to use) or spiced jalapeño – what I have visions of using.
Your guests will fall in love as easy as it is to fall for a southern accent.
- 10 ounces blue cheese
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 3 TBS poppy seeds
- 1/4 tsp ground red pepper
- 1/8 tsp white pepper
- 1/8 tsp flaky sea salt
- 1/3 cup good jam - your choice of flavor
- With a mixer, beat cheese and butter on medium speed until fluffy.
- Slowly add in your flour, poppy seeds, and salt. Beat until just combined.
- Roll into 3/4 inch balls. Cover and chill for 2 hours.
- After chilling, arrange on a baking sheet lined with pharchment paper and slowly press a thumbprint into each ball of dough.
- They don't have to be perfect, in fact mine were a bit messy but still tasted lovely...!
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes, until golden.
- After cooling and right before your guests arrive, fill each thumbprint with some jam.
If you liked this post, check these out!
Latest posts by Courtney (see all)
- C’s picks – week of December 17th - December 17, 2017
- Moms in Focus: Meet Anne! - December 15, 2017
- Gift guide: For the sister that makes you laugh out loud with her texts - December 13, 2017