- At some point in your life, you need to stay at the Kenwood Inn & Spa. It’s…perfection.
- Homemade croissants for breakfast at said Inn. To. die. for. I was this close to stealing some.
- Splurge on a private driver who’s driven around celebrities. Let’s just say, he knows people.
- A convertible would be super fun here, not the two door white economy car we ended up in that M so affectionately nicknamed the “White Wizard”. Hey, we had to balance out the private driver.
- A wine tasting in a sketchy strip mall while intoxicated? Not the best idea. The wine was delicious but it came at a price.
- Dinner at Scopa comes highly recommended. There is no sign or actual restaurant entrance, just a sign for an older barber shop. Pretty cool.
- You should see the lavender and rosemary garden at Mantanza’s Creek Winery. BYO picnic lunch is a total bonus!
- Find a private boutiquey winery and get yourself in. Eric (love!) at Kenwood Inn & Spa can help you with that. We enjoyed Flanagan winery and even got to meet the wine maker himself!
- Sonoma Square – good for an hour or so before dinner, not for a whole day.
- El Dorado kitchen – killer food and atmosphere. Truffle fries are a must but hold the baked chocolate mousse dessert (at least our waiter comp’d it).
- If you can swing it, the ‘fizz facial’ at the Kenwood is really something unique. Think bubbly champagne for your face. Faaaaancy!
- Attire? Don’t let your husband prevent you from packing 6 outfits for three days. It’s nice to have choices when the weather can be questionable. It was very warm for us. Casual dress, flats, and a dressed up necklace. You are so Sonoma chic!
- Go to your favorite winery, ours was Caymus. Super traditional and perfect all around.
- Your concierge will do you a lot of favors. Remember to return the favor. Eric, there are 2 Lou Malnatis deep dish pizzas on the way…!
M & C
If you liked this post, check these out!
Latest posts by Courtney (see all)
- Moms in Focus: Meet Anne! - December 15, 2017
- Gift guide: For the sister that makes you laugh out loud with her texts - December 13, 2017
- Chicken Brunswick Stew - December 12, 2017