Let me paint you a little picture of what goes down in my yard when the word ‘s’more‘ is uttered.
Suddenly I have like 8ish children ranging in age from 2-10 at my side. And in some magical kid world way, the s’more sugar rush hits prior to actually consuming the s’more. From that point it’s ‘I want plain chocolate, I want it burnt, I want the big stick, I want a double s’more, I want dark chocolate, I want it plain, I want to light the fire.’
Enter C in a mad dash to the kitchen to grab all the boxes and bags of candy and marshmallows, all the while eyeing the patio to confirm that M isn’t actually letting one of the kids light the fire.
I then proceed back outdoors, where I am mauled again but this time it’s a messy, cracker breaking, chocolaty fingers, wrappers flying all over the yard type of maul.
And the other day it hit me. You know, one of those genius moments. Why on earth don’t I prep a s’more platter ahead of time? Unwrap it all, line it up, cover with foil, and it’s ready to go when you are. Simply set on the table and avoid the children all together. Score.
I kid. Happy Friday friends!
- box of graham crackers
- bag of marshmallows
- hersheys chocolates, some milk some dark
- reese's peanut butter cups, because, I'm pretty sure there isn't a better idea in the world
- Assemble on a platter and serve!
If you liked this post, check these out!
Latest posts by Courtney (see all)
- C’s picks – week of December 17th - December 17, 2017
- Moms in Focus: Meet Anne! - December 15, 2017
- Gift guide: For the sister that makes you laugh out loud with her texts - December 13, 2017