I had my darling sister in law and her family over this past weekend and as I was standing over my stove shaking up my go to potatoes she asked what recipe I was using. As a faithful follower of my blog (thank you, Becky!) I assumed she already knew these well but low and behold I’ve never written about this gem.
We have these almost, well, weekly in our home. They are awesome for entertaining as you can throw everything in a pot, it makes a ton, and everyone is so impressed with your ‘cooking’ as you shake up all up from time to time.
You totally rock in the kitchen, don’t you?
But don’t worry. Having too much fun (er – wine) and forget to shake things up? Totally ok. Somehow these turn out absolutely perfect absolutely every single time. Foul proof. And the versatility is unreal. They are perfect next to some lighter grilled chicken during the summer months or a heavy stew in the winter months. Changing up the herbs keeps things seasonal as well. I go heavy on the basil and a bit of thyme currently, but will switch it up to rosemary come November.
These are golden. And I’m sorry I haven’t shared them with you before.
- 3 lbs or so of mini potatoes - I use baby Yukon Golds
- salt and pepper
- 2 TBS butter
- drizzle olive oil
- fresh herbs - whatever you'd like to use, a couple TBS all chopped up.
- Melt the butter and olive oil on the stove over medium heat. Toss in all the potatoes and swirl around in the pot. Add in some good salt and pepper, put the lid on, lower the heat to low and leave them be.
- The potatoes will take 30-40 minutes or so to cook well. Every once in awhile give the pot a good shake if you can to ensure even cooking. I don't shake them too much because I like some good browned parts.
- At the end, toss in the herbs, swirl around, and serve hot!